sulcata dark soft belly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewa78

5 Year Member
Laura said:
what kind of food? i think it looks a bit thin... does he have a good appetite?

i feed him spring mix, romaine hearts, and collard greens mostly. ill give him tortoise bites and a small piece of squash or banana like one a month.

Andrewa78

5 Year Member
His condition has gotta MUCH worst. He stopped eating. Hardly moves at all now. And sleeps all the time. :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
When a otherwise healthy tortoise stops moving and eating it is always serious. I don't know if it will help at this point but can a vet visit be scheduled? are you soaking? if so start using baby food in the soaks.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Andrewa78 said:
His condition has gotta MUCH worst. He stopped eating. Hardly moves at all now. And sleeps all the time. :(

:( You have a sick tort. What weight is he now and how does that compare?

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
What my vet told me is that a darkening, soft plastron could be indicative of liver failure (or was it kidney) one of them anyway.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Never pit him upside down because hi organs will crush his lungs.

A short amount of time for a photograph should be fine. They turn over in the wild and work it out.

Long periods upside down are bad news .. And this is one sick tort ... but never is too strong

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It's fine to turn them over for a photograph.

Andrewa78

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
When a otherwise healthy tortoise stops moving and eating it is always serious. I don't know if it will help at this point but can a vet visit be scheduled? are you soaking? if so start using baby food in the soaks.

i don't have time or money. i have fire academy classes from 8 to 4 and it take me an hour to get home and everyones closed for the day around me. i don't think it will help anyway. he maybe has a day or 2 left. his legs kinda shriveled up and he doesn't even move at all. :(. i heard it could be a liver failure or something along that live. (takes to a few breeders and they pretty much said its something thats out of my control and want my fault. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.