SOMETHING IN THE AIR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
This time UPS brought me this big box right at 10 a.m.!

When I looked inside I saw these 3 bags -

TrioBAGS.jpg

Thought I'd give them a chance to 'settle-in' before I took any pics.. again this is at 10 a.m. - basically they had been in the box for 24 hours! From FL. - stopped in Atlanta for a couple hours to be processed by TSA - and then on to me.

TWO hours later -

NewLUV.jpg

I'm just..
36_12_1.gif

"I'M GONNA HATCH SOME OF THESE LIL' DUDES.... YOU WATCH!"

Still clueless like my siggy says...

NERD

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Love has nothing to do it with it.:D It's just male horniness and the need to procreate for species survival.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Did you hear the latest??? Airplanes trips are the newest aphrodisiacs??Just published in all the latest journals!! Torts journals that is.
Nay

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
WAIT A MINUTE

MODERATOR.. MODERATOR.... THEY'RE DOING IT AGAIN....

WAIT A MINUTE.. THAT WAS A MODERATOR!!!

Ya gotta do "something" right gang... to make them feel comfortable enough to want to in fact breed! I mean ya know!?

NERD

BTW.. the first 2 females are in one enclosure and the 'newest' trio are in another { until it warms a little more so they can go outside } - and since they all came from the same group.. I put him over with the first two females a couple hours ago. Just now I went out to "lock-up" and sure enough he was in luv again with the other female!

HATCHLING K.erosa - ARE IN THE AIR
36_2_15.gif

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
terryo said:
Didn't you already get some eggs? What happened to them. I really love the look of these guys.

Yes Terry.. there are eggs in the incubator from the group from '09.

I love the look too...

female -
Carapacebeauty.jpg

NERD

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
WELL.. I GUESS THERE IS - "SOMETHING IN THE AIR"!!!

From the '09 group -

Wonder what he is thinking? -

Yahooey.jpg

NERD

BTW - for those that are wondering... why this thing about K.erosa 'breeding'? There are only a small handful that have been hatched ON THE PLANET! Of course someone will probly say there have been more than I may think by those that aren't interested in making it public. You can be sure if someone hatches them they will tell someone.. and eventually it will/does surface.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
So do they lay eggs in captivity but the eggs don't hatch? Whatever the problem is, I'm glad that you and Jacqui (and any other TFO peeps I'm missing?) are applying yourselves to it. I hope you find a solution. These guys are really pretty, and I hope to see hatchling pictures soon.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Edna said:
So do they lay eggs in captivity but the eggs don't hatch? Whatever the problem is, I'm glad that you and Jacqui (and any other TFO peeps I'm missing?) are applying yourselves to it. I hope you find a solution. These guys are really pretty, and I hope to see hatchling pictures soon.

Edna since very few appreciate these magnificent creatures.. and they [ until the past couple of years ] have been relativley inexpensive because they have been imported in significant numbers. However they are notorious to stress easily and can be very shy and require "special" care - the above pic was taken with full flash.. no direct lighting in their enclosure. And some take several weeks just to get them to eat!
They live deep in the forests of "coastal" Africa.. high humidity.. low light and "cooler" temps - low 80's max.! And very little ( reliable ) info on breeding and incubating.

Pics and videos Edna - http://www.turtletary.com/hingeback.htm

I've been able to acquire a group that are breeding and making eggs occasionally so it's bound to be a matter of time sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.