So, what's your profession or dream job

macky9326

Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
Hey guys and girls, I wanna get to know everyone on this forum a little better, so I was wondering what's your current job and your dream profession, age and location :)

I'll start us off, I'm 21, I work for British petroleum as a CSA, have worked there two years and was previously a barman, I'm working my way up to send an application off to work for police scotland as a PC, and I'm based in Edinburgh :)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am the director of purchasing for a company that runs arcades. Which basically means I buy a lot of toys and candy from all over the world. I'm based in ohio but travel every week or so all over the country. Its a fun but stressfull job and this year i got to design a whole line of stuffed animals :) I wanted to be a social worker but fell into this during college & stayed. oh & I'm 35!

macky9326

Scotland
I am the director of purchasing for a company that runs arcades. Which basically means I buy a lot of toys and candy from all over the world. I'm based in ohio but travel every week or so all over the country. Its a fun but stressfull job and this year i got to design a whole line of stuffed animals :) I wanted to be a social worker but fell into this during college & stayed. oh & I'm 35!

Aww man that sounds awesome, would you ever try be a social worker or you gonna stick to what your doing?

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I'm 21 and in Fargo, North Dakota. I currently work for a big name technology and software company. It's paying the bills, but my plan is to return to school next fall. I'd like to go for zoology, and ultimately I'd love to work in a zoo or conservation center type environment. I'm really interested in breeding and nutrition especially.

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Hi! For the next 4 days I am still a teacher! This was my last year! .. I'm only 40 so I don't get to enjoy retirement. I'm joining a friend with her photography business which turns one of my hobbies into a little bit of money! ;) so I guess it is somewhat of a dream job! It allows me to feel like a real parent and wife. I have a servants heart, I feel the need to give 100% in every area and when you add up all of the hundred percents you do not feel effective anywhere because it's not humanly possible to achieve that success rate. I also coach club ball, all of our kids play. Two soccer and one volleyball. We have an absolute fantastic time doing everything! My sweet hubby and I have spent many hours discussing the kids of today: the things they are having to endure in junior high and high school that we feel I need to be "very available" for them. It isn't good enough for my husband and I to just be on campus with them any more. I need to be in each of their rooms and randomly bringing them lunch!!

Now after this week I will be successfully doing my dream job!! I can feel like I'm being real parent to my kids (my animals are my kids as well!!) and a good wife to my hubby!

TMI rt?!! Lol ;)

M

Maggie Cummings

I was a long distance truck driver and I loved it. I pulled a 53' trailer across the U.S. and got to do and see things and places that some people never do. It was the best thing I ever did. I live in the Pacific North West, am old as dirt and was forced into retirement do to an injury. So I hang out, care for my animals and watch as much NASCAR as I can. As well as my animals, my hobby is cars, hot rods and speed, I have a 1989 IROC-Z and I show it at the many small local car shows here in Oregon. I also keep turtles and tortoise and have Bob a 150 pound Sulcata. Proudly, Yvonne G is my sister.

M

Maggie Cummings

IMG_1954.JPG 1.2.0 Cats (Stormageddon, Lola, and Hippo)...
I also am a cat lover...Stormageddon??? That's a scream! I have Lil Roxie and Maks. There's another tort keeper here who raises Persian cats, and one of his (hers?) is called Booger. Persians are so dignified and Booger??? It cracks me up every time I read it.
This is Lil Roxie looking out the window at me...

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
I'm 29 and currently a receptionist/technician at a veterinary hospital (cats/dogs/horses only) in Iowa. My dream job is to be a lab geek. Microscopes, slides, bloodwork.... All of it. :)

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
1.2.0 Cats (Stormageddon, Lola, and Hippo)...
I also am a cat lover...Stormageddon??? That's a scream! I have Lil Roxie and Maks. There's another tort keeper here who raises Persian cats, and one of his (hers?) is called Booger. Persians are so dignified and Booger??? It cracks me up every time I read it.
This is Lil Roxie looking out the window at me...

His full name is Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All. We call him Stormy. :) It's a Doctor Who reference and it fits the little turd nugget perfectly. :p

Hippo was short for Hippolyta, but now she's just Hippo. She's also earned the middle name Potamus. Sometimes she goes by Princess Fluffybutt.

M

Maggie Cummings

His full name is Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All. We call him Stormy. :) It's a Doctor Who reference and it fits the little turd nugget perfectly. :p

Hippo was short for Hippolyta, but now she's just Hippo. She's also earned the middle name Potamus. Sometimes she goes by Princess Fluffybutt.

You are like my sister, good at different names... Me? Not so much...Bob, Maks, Roxie, guess I have no imagination...

sunshyne621

5 Year Member
I'm 29 and currently a receptionist/technician at a veterinary hospital (cats/dogs/horses only) in Iowa. My dream job is to be a lab geek. Microscopes, slides, bloodwork.... All of it. :)
I am a lab geek . I am a medical laboratory scientist. Just about to start a new lob doing high complexity specialized coagulation testing. My dream job??? Stay at home dog mom with ample time to do volunteer wildlife rehab, specifically raptors. Or a dietician/nutritionist for a zoo. My bachelors is in zoology.

StuMac

5 Year Member
I'm currently a chef on an oil rig. Good job, with PLENTY time off to potter with my tort. Would love a job with animals, but none around here pay the same wage as offshore sadly. Either that or pro wrestler, been wrestling Around UK for 10 years, mostly weekends, but never made it big. But being nearly 35, I never will. Ach well.....I have my family so can't complain.

erdavis

5 Year Member
Gainesville, Fl (Go Gators!)
Wow, so many different interesting jobs that people have.
I'm 19 and a LPN (licensed practical nurse ). For now I just work helping a 93 year old lady with whatever she needs while I am there (bathroom, bathing, cleaning the house, meds, etc) because she works around my schooling, but hopefully will be getting a job soon as an anesthesiologist tech (it's between me and one other person). I love talking to patients when they're out of it, it's hilarious, but the main reason I want the job is for the on call stuff and the crazy emergency surgeries. I'm taking my last class I need to be able to bridge into an RN program, I won't take a break with school until I have my BSN but I know that one day eventually I'll go further than that. I hate gen ed classes but I do like nursing related classes.

Last edited:

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
I'm currently a chef on an oil rig. Good job, with PLENTY time off to potter with my tort. Would love a job with animals, but none around here pay the same wage as offshore sadly. Either that or pro wrestler, been wrestling Around UK for 10 years, mostly weekends, but never made it big. But being nearly 35, I never will. Ach well.....I have my family so can't complain.

Wow, isn't it amazing that for professional sports that 35 is considered on the older end of the spectrum? You have such a small window of time, however when you are in your 20's it seems like you have an eternity. Then when you are 40 it seems to be a lifetime ago.

Being on an oil rig, how do you keep your skills up?

StuMac

5 Year Member
It's crazy, sure I'm more banged up than my mid 20's but I'm not ready for the scrap yard just yet! I keep busy in the gym, riding my bike and playing football( soccer). Plus I train a few weekends at a time. After 10 years I'm considered a veteran though, so I am still quite handy!