Slime and Squeaky tortoise

TeamZissou

Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM

Yup, sure looks like it. Here's a guide that shows you how to tell the difference between babies of Greeks, Hermanns, Marginatdes, and Egyptians, which are all Testudo tortoises. If you look at the plastron (bottom) of your tortoise, it should have splotchy speckles rather than larger black spots.

There are many subspecies of Greeks. Here's a site that has a great guide on all of them:

And the page on the Mesopotamian (Testudo graeca terrestris):

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Yup, sure looks like it. Here's a guide that shows you how to tell the difference between babies of Greeks, Hermanns, Marginatdes, and Egyptians, which are all Testudo tortoises. If you look at the plastron (bottom) of your tortoise, it should have splotchy speckles rather than larger black spots.

There are many subspecies of Greeks. Here's a site that has a great guide on all of them:

And the page on the Mesopotamian (Testudo graeca terrestris):
thanks!

TaylorTortoise

Abington
I cannot find orchid bark or coco coir. All I can find online is coco substrate. Should I go to a local pet store and check if they have tortoise friendly substrates?
Yes! I would go to the pet store and get substrate there. You can read on the bags and they will tell you coco cor, etc repti bark.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
ok so coco coir, reptile bark and orchid barks are the best?
Correct, Any local pet store should have it. If you go in the reptile section, most substrate is fine for tortoises. They will provide repti bark, orchard bark, coco cor, blocks of substrate that you put in water to make into a substrate for the cage. Whatever you get should be just fine! You’re doing great!

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Yes! I would go to the pet store and get substrate there. You can read on the bags and they will tell you coco cor, etc repti bark.
one last question. Should I still keep the lamp for him? I have checked and I think it says that it is 40 w

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
ok! I have to go eat now. Maybe I'll come online later!

Hi! Welcome to the forum!! Glad you came!
I sooooo hope you can get your parents to come on here and get some info for you to help you raise your tortoise. Here are some pictures of things I think would help you for now.
Also, I am putting you guys on my prayer list tonight! Until you tell me he is not sick any more. I am sending you all the luck in the world ?!!!!!
Keep soaking him in warm water and keep his temps up.
YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!!!!!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️????????????????????????????????????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hi! Welcome to the forum!! Glad you came!
I sooooo hope you can get your parents to come on here and get some info for you to help you raise your tortoise. Here are some pictures of things I think would help you for now.
Also, I am putting you guys on my prayer list tonight! Until you tell me he is not sick any more. I am sending you all the luck in the world ?!!!!!
Keep soaking him in warm water and keep his temps up.
YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!!!!!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️????????????????????????????????????
2C6F9045-E8B0-4C8C-9E3D-BC5627418475.png631EE952-857F-4BFB-A59A-E594A3D24B8A.png011A4652-D6EE-40ED-A972-35546C2B4BBE.png5710135F-C487-44C7-A0BD-7D1C2E7155DD.pngF3722F9C-F0C4-42C9-A81A-7C37EE3C8F4D.png

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Enjoy your meal!
As for the light, ask your parents if the one you have is "incandescent" bulb.
Get a thermometer gun and check if the temperature under the bulb at the level of your tortoise is around 95F degrees.
I don't have a thermometer gun. but I'll ask my parents for an incandescent bulb but is there another way to check the temperature?