should I worry about these marks on his shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
I noticed these marks on His shell. I dont think its shell rot, its not soft it kinda looks like a scratch or chip missing. please help.

pdelpizzo

10 Year Member!
Broward County
Kolorbl1nd said:
I noticed these marks on His shell. I dont think its shell rot, its not soft it kinda looks like a scratch or chip missing. please help.

It's difficult to tell what's going on in those photos. Do you have any that are less blury?

Patrick

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yeah kind of blurry, but I didn't see anything massive in the least. But if u can put up a better pic u will get more responces.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY
pdelpizzo said:
Kolorbl1nd said:

It's difficult to tell what's going on in those photos. Do you have any that are less blury?

Patrick

ill try to take a better picture, sorry cell phone camera is not great.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
where did you get tanker? my tort has the same looking marks, from what i can tell.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY
Ashliewood said:
where did you get tanker? my tort has the same looking marks, from what i can tell.

I got him from petsmart. Where did you get yours from?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not going so much by the pictures, because we all admit they are a bit blurry and my eyes aren't so hot any more, but I think it's just old shell damage. Especially with hearing where he is from, it makes me more sure.

Remember these guys are captured in the wild and in capturing them and then also during their holding and shipping, no real care is given to them. Their shells may be damaged at any stage along the road. Then again, look at just about any wild tortoise. They have marks on them that tell their life stories and make them more special and unique. :tort:

As long as they are old looking, not soft, not red, not weeping, not growing, and not smelling, they are fine. :cool:

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY
Jacqui said:
Not going so much by the pictures, because we all admit they are a bit blurry and my eyes aren't so hot any more, but I think it's just old shell damage. Especially with hearing where he is from, it makes me more sure.

Remember these guys are captured in the wild and in capturing them and then also during their holding and shipping, no real care is given to them. Their shells may be damaged at any stage along the road. Then again, look at just about any wild tortoise. They have marks on them that tell their life stories and make them more special and unique. :tort:

As long as they are old looking, not soft, not red, not weeping, not growing, and not smelling, they are fine. :cool:

thank you. its amazing that they go through such neglect and stress but have the greatest personality :) i love torts

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
Petco. Mine is finally starting to come around :) still dehydrated but I am working on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.