Should I give away my tort Walter?

hcasey

I literally have no idea how I stumbled across this, but funny story: We go to the same school and I believe once way back when freshman year we had a class together (was your freshman seminar that health and wellness one??... or possibly the trip to Heifer??), since your name is very familiar!

I hope you can figure it out and keep him, because its a probability that you'll regret giving him up after.

I'm not entirely sure of what your reasons for giving him up are, if its space give him room outside during the summers (if he doesn't already) if food...well ok I have a little Russian tort and he doesn't eat much and I live on a farm with fields.

All this being said, if you still feel you have to give him up, if only temporary, I live on a 3 acre yard in Charlton and if planned out could probably give him a good temporary summer home, though winter would be harder since I have little space for my Russian tortoise inside I could find a way to make it work if it was needed.
Hello! I go to Worcester State and did have a health class for my freshmen seminar! I have decided to keep Walter and just reup his housing situation! I really got a lot of insight from this forum, I know Walter doesnt need me to play with him everyday but I do think he needs some big housing changes so that is my spring plan to get him a new box built! So I'm sure Ill need advice on that

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This is good news, Heather. I'm glad you've worked it out.

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello! I go to Worcester State and did have a health class for my freshmen seminar! I have decided to keep Walter and just reup his housing situation! I really got a lot of insight from this forum, I know Walter doesnt need me to play with him everyday but I do think he needs some big housing changes so that is my spring plan to get him a new box built! So I'm sure Ill need advice on that
I'm pretty sure we were in the same freshman seminar then! Small world, glad you found this site because you'll get all the advice you could ever need, and get to keep Walter :)