She woke up

Ceyda

Location (City and/or State)
Turkey
Hello. My tortoise has been brumating for a month but she woke up this morning, she was really dehydrated so I’m soaking her right now. Why did she woke up? Is she going to sleep again? It’s been really cold in my country for the last month but it’s really hot now, it’s like spring. Could it be because of the climate change? Because she was brumating I was keeping her inside in a box so I don’t really know if climate is any part of this but my house gets cold or hot as the climate changes. Please inform me if you know anything so I’ll know what to do.

Ceyda

Turkey
This is a pic of her she looks better now that I’m soaking her. Should I give her food?

Attachments

• 20563AEF-57A4-4E17-BEE1-976D946A7972.jpeg
    20563AEF-57A4-4E17-BEE1-976D946A7972.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

Ceyda

Turkey
UPDATE: I fed her and now she’s sleeping again. I’ll see if she wakes up again I guess..

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
You have to keep her awake now, she cant be allowed to go back into brumation, if she even would. If the temps have increased recently, that would explain why she has woken up.

Ceyda

Turkey
You have to keep her awake now, she cant be allowed to go back into brumation, if she even would. If the temps have increased recently, that would explain why she has woken up.
Well the temp always changes next week it’s gonna start raining and snowing again. Why can’t I let her brumate again? How long should I keep her awake? I’m waking her up now. Thank you.

Ceyda

Turkey
Well the temp always changes next week it’s gonna start raining and snowing again. Why can’t I let her brumate again? How long should I keep her awake? I’m waking her up now. Thank you.
Okay update again I woke her up and when I come back she was sleeping again. I woke her up again and now she’s sleeping should I wake her up again?

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Okay update again I woke her up and when I come back she was sleeping again. I woke her up again and now she’s sleeping should I wake her up again?

Its fine for the tort to sleep, you just cant let it brumate again, you will need to wake it each day until it is active normally, you will also need to provide artificial heat and light if you dont already. She cant go back to brumation with food in her stomach and if she urinated while awake she could badly dehydrate and die.

Ceyda

Turkey
Its fine for the tort to sleep, you just cant let it brumate again, you will need to wake it each day until it is active normally, you will also need to provide artificial heat and light if you dont already. She cant go back to brumation with food in her stomach and if she urinated while awake she could badly dehydrate and die.
Oh okay no she didn’t urinate I soaked her when she woke up she looks hydrated now. Thank you so much??