SEMI CLOSED CHAMBER IDEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am taking care of two tiny leopards. I needed to get them set up the humid (Toms) way. The owners had them in a open cement mixing tub. Having a left over tote box from my leopard. I made use of it and their mixing tub. I wish I had done this when Tatum was small. It makes adding water to the substrate really easy. Would be great for Red Foot's who are prone to shell rot. I turned the tote box upside down and placed it inside the mixing tub, pressing it down into the substrate, making it as a lid sorta. I pour warm to hot water into the substrate on the outside of the upside down box. It seeps into the enclosure from underneath. I then cut holes into the bottom of the tote, which is now the top, lining the holes with tin foil. Now, if I were working with just my equipment, I would have different UVB and fixtures so that I could make smaller holes to accommodate them and not have so many open spaces. I also added a small warm mist humidifier. Besides the normal basking temps, the enclosure stays between 80-86 with humidity 86.
One fluorescent UVB, one regular house lamp bulb for heat and basking. Plus, the humidifier gives off heat. At night I put a CHE on for night heat.
image-29.jpg

d79366ed-b59d-4c48-8622-600d5776dbdd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.