Large Plastic Container Idea- Container Store

KL55413

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
If you have a Container Store near you, this might be a good option. I will be using one temporarily while I build my own indoor enclosure. The only downside is that it is clear..

Link and Tub Dimmensions: 52-7/8" x 20-7/8" x 14-1/16" h

10071777-44-Gal-Tote-Storage-Box-Mai.jpg

KL55413

Minnesota
Just be sure it's not too low where the heating will be too close to your tort. The taller ones are better for that reason.
Good to remember. I will have to use some sort of stand or hang the light source. Is there a general rule for distances between UVB tubes, CHE's, and the tortoise?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I thought she was talking about after you have the substrate in it maybe the sides will be too low???

KL55413

Minnesota
FWIW those are good for only one season outside (UV damage to plastic).
Thanks. This would be only a temporary indoor enclosure. I will move him into a different outside enclosure during the summer.

KL55413

Minnesota
I thought she was talking about after you have the substrate in it maybe the sides will be too low???
Maybe it will be.. 14" might not be enough. I love that it has such a long footprint, but I might need to either wait for a Christmas tree tote or put two of them together. Any other ideas for a two month solution?