Tortoise Cafe

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Has anyone ever ordered Mazuri from the Tortoise Café? I ordered from them for the first time on Dec 23 after reading a post for them here on the Tortoise Forum. Their post said the food would ship within 1 business day, however, my order still says pending status and my card has been charged. Just worries me a little.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
With it being the holiday season, I wouldn't worry to much yet. Maybe shoot them an email and ask, politely, if there is a delay.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
Cowboy_Ken said:
With it being the holiday season, I wouldn't worry to much yet. Maybe shoot them an email and ask, politely, if there is a delay.

Okay, so I went back to the website and the only contact info I could find was an email address. So I sent an email to it, only for it to be returned to me saying, "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently"

Now I totally think I just got scammed :'(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
That is a royal drag. I hope you didn't lose too much money. Contact your bank, let them know what happened, they may be able to provide so financial help.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
Cowboy_Ken said:
That is a royal drag. I hope you didn't lose too much money. Contact your bank, let them know what happened, they may be able to provide so financial help.

So guess what the post lady dropped off when I went home for lunch?! My order from Tortoise Café. Now I feel horrible because I don't want to give this company a bad rep because I got nervous......

WilliamB

Good to hear that you got the food and good of you to post and set everything straight as soon as you got it.

Things can allways get delayed during the holiday season.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I'm glad you got it.... I've ordered from them numerous times and never had an issue. They are always super fast. Ordering something around the holidays is always very tricky... Even if they got it out on time, shipping companies have been totally inundated :-/

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
Pokeymeg said:
I'm glad you got it.... I've ordered from them numerous times and never had an issue. They are always super fast. Ordering something around the holidays is always very tricky... Even if they got it out on time, shipping companies have been totally inundated :-/

Glad to hear someone else has ordered from them. Anyhow, I wasn't so concerned about the whole thing until I discovered the contact email on the site was invalid. That's when I got really scared. Anyhow, I'll be a very loyal customer if my torts like it because they have the best prices!

jdub

5 Year Member
Hi Gieseygirly!

I'm sorry that there was some delay during the holidays but i'm glad you received your mazuri for your torts. Happy New Years!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I ordered mine from the Mazuri official site. No problem what so ever.