Scammed? I feel sick.

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Wow....much ado!

Ray, you're mean....lol....very mean...but effective and you know I look at results, not the means! That said, chasing bad people is quite a commitment as there appears to be a never ending supply.

I will share a short very true story. I used to buy/sell bikes, I got scammed one time for 1200. A guy in Seattle....I was so mad. I thought up ways to "resolve my issue" quite illegally too.......then I wrapped my head around the big picture. I've given bikes away that were worth more. I was finally able to let it go after a week or so....not really forgave him but I did let the hurt go away, and that's all it was....hurt because I had been "wronged" and it hurt my feelings, not my wallet. "Money" is never worth my anger.

Good luck!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Wow....much ado!

Ray, you're mean....lol....very mean...but effective and you know I look at results, not the means! That said, chasing bad people is quite a commitment as there appears to be a never ending supply.

I will share a short very true story. I used to buy/sell bikes, I got scammed one time for 1200. A guy in Seattle....I was so mad. I thought up ways to "resolve my issue" quite illegally too.......then I wrapped my head around the big picture. I've given bikes away that were worth more. I was finally able to let it go after a week or so....not really forgave him but I did let the hurt go away, and that's all it was....hurt because I had been "wronged" and it hurt my feelings, not my wallet. "Money" is never worth my anger.

Good luck!
I can tell this story now because it was quite a few years ago.
I was a union representative for most of my 30 years working at General Motors. Some of the rank and file I represented were the skilled trades men and women. They had a room that they had set up with A/C,tv, microwave,couches and table and chairs and telephone.
Everything was agreed with management about the room. As long as they did their repairs promptly. Everything worked out for over 5 years. A new supervisor took over and was going to clean house. He ordered the room to be torn down. He drove a convertible Corvette, which he didn't park in management's parking lot. Instead he parked it in a area right next to the loading dock entrance. Needless to say one day while he had the top down. Mysteriously 15 gallons of yellow paint was poured all over and in his car.It was the paint that was used to paint safety lines. Of course I was called and had a discussion with him and labor relations. I told them I don't know anything about who did it. I told them do you see any yellow paint on my hands? I suggested they look at all the hands of the skill tradesmen.🤣🤣
So needless to say,It still irritates me when someone is wronged.
Sorry to anyone who is or was on management and doesn't agree. Not really!🤣
Sorry for stepping on your post Tortmama.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
After seeing this arrive at its inevitable now conclusion this weekend, we can now focus on the silver lining......yes, there's ALWAYS a silver lining, it's one of the cool things in life.

Tinytort and her husband ALREADY HAVE THE HOME SETUP and nearly ready to go!
All that's needed now is a resident.....just think how far ahead of the curve you guys are now!

PS. learning how to spot bad people is an acquired skill, and a necessary one so chalk this one up to "practice".

Tinytortmama

North Carolina
Wow....much ado!

Good luck!
That is exactly right. It's not about the money, it's about so much more. But, alas, I'm over it! I will find a baby to love.

Tinytortmama

North Carolina
I can tell this story now because it was quite a few years ago.
I was a union representative for most of my 30 years working at General Motors. Some of the rank and file I represented were the skilled trades men and women. They had a room that they had set up with A/C,tv, microwave,couches and table and chairs and telephone.
Everything was agreed with management about the room. As long as they did their repairs promptly. Everything worked out for over 5 years. A new supervisor took over and was going to clean house. He ordered the room to be torn down. He drove a convertible Corvette, which he didn't park in management's parking lot. Instead he parked it in a area right next to the loading dock entrance. Needless to say one day while he had the top down. Mysteriously 15 gallons of yellow paint was poured all over and in his car.It was the paint that was used to paint safety lines. Of course I was called and had a discussion with him and labor relations. I told them I don't know anything about who did it. I told them do you see any yellow paint on my hands? I suggested they look at all the hands of the skill tradesmen.🤣🤣
So needless to say,It still irritates me when someone is wronged.
Sorry to anyone who is or was on management and doesn't agree. Not really!🤣
Sorry for stepping on your post Tortmama.
I mean, you know what they say about karma 😏

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I felt silly doing it, but when I was recently dealing with a rescue aldabra on craigslist, I asked the guy to send me a pic of the tort with a teaspoon next to it, to prove that he actually had the tort.

I'm sorry that this round didn't work out for you, but there are lots of Sulcatas looking for a good home, and I'm sure that the next one will work out, and that both you and the tort will benefit from your connection.

Jamie

Tinytortmama

North Carolina
Thank you to everyone here for your kind words, support, help, and making me laugh after being angry, disappointed, hurt, and sad! I'm new here, but can already tell you are a fantastic group. It's time to move onward, so I've reached out to @NorCal tortoise guy to help us get a baby. I can't wait to share her with you all :<3::tort:

Tinytortmama

North Carolina
I felt silly doing it, but when I was recently dealing with a rescue aldabra on craigslist, I asked the guy to send me a pic of the tort with a teaspoon next to it, to prove that he actually had the tort.

I'm sorry that this round didn't work out for you, but there are lots of Sulcatas looking for a good home, and I'm sure that the next one will work out, and that both you and the tort will benefit from your connection.

Jamie
Sad that we have to do those things, but that's the world we live in I guess. Thank you for your kinds words. Did you get the aldabra??????

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Sad that we have to do those things, but that's the world we live in I guess. Thank you for your kinds words. Did you get the aldabra??????
Shockingly, I did... I had to drive all day to get there, and even with the picture and some careful negotiations, I was still about 30% sure that I'd wake up in an ice-filled bathtub missing my kidneys.

Jamie

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Man, that's too bad. But, like you said, time to move on, nothing can be done now, except spread the word about this scammer whenever you can.
I hope you get a tortoise soon from any one of our great members like NorCal tortoise guy. Good luck and can't wait to see it when you get it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
706-306-1886
I just called the number. On the voice recording, I couldn't quite make out the first name. Maybe Gale but the last name sounds like Schultz. I left message, I was interested in a sulcata.
I don't sleep well and up at all different times of the night. I will wait for a call for a day. Then call her all thru the day and night. Until she blocks me, then use my landline,Rose's and Nanay's phone. I will ask Rose to use her voice. I will recruit my 4 son's to do the same.
Is she still on FB and did she use a company name?
This will be the last time I post here about it, unless something good comes of it. I don't want it to keep reminding you of your bad situation with her.