Scammers on TFO- @deercorpse and @rebmassor -Discussion

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Nah, I fell into stupidity on my own. Lesson learned. Anyways, this is the latest update on fauna:

There was some interaction with Levi4turtle via email; the culmination being this gem (replacing two words with
2232censored.gif
is the only modification I made to the text):
Quote:
Hi I been trying to figure this out since yesterday, all the damage my brother has done. First off today me and my girlfriend got some threating messages on our facebook one was bad and was threating our family including my kids which I don't take lightly so me and my girlfriend were talking about it and my brother came out and told us what he's been doing and I'm am shocked what he told us, he is mentally ill but he seems to be ok. He's been living with me since our mom past 5 years ago since I'm the older brother and my mom said if anything ever happen to her that I would take care of him and look out for him. He has been told he has many different things like paranoid schizophrenia and major case of bi polar but he has been on meds for some time now and has been stable I thought. I been going threw the trash on my email and found this one and others and been trying to figure out what all he did because now I don't trust him and don't know if he's telling me everything so that's why I'm writing you to figure this out. He ended up flipped out and I had to call the cops it got so bad and he said he hasn't been taking his meds and he went to jail because he punched me, I'm not home a lot with driving to work over hour each way and working 6 days a week and cub scouts I'm barely home and know he was always on the computer in our computer room but I figure he was just chatting to people since he's so anti social he has no friends and I tried but he don't like being around other people with his illness. Your saying there is 6 accounts? I only ever had one and barely use it. All my stuff has the auto log in, I never thought he would pull this
2232censored.gif
. I'm trying to get everything together for Monday to talk to the judge and try to get him help in a mental hospital and would like all the info I can get on what he has been doing with my account and my computer. The one person knew both my kids names and that's scary. I'm trying to look out for my family and figure out what the idiot has done to put my family at risk he told me some stuff but like I said I don't trust him now and cant believe if its everything because he pissed someone off enough that they threaten my family saying they know where I live and to watch my back and having kids I don't take that lightly and if you have kids I'm sure you would feel the same way too. I don't know how my info got out to someone I tried reasoning with them but they are hell bent on still threating me and when the police came my girl friend showed them and told us to find out his location and call the local police which we did, because there threats I'm not taking them as a joke and I need to find out everything for that purpose too. All info will help me figure this bs out. I need to get to work please let me know everything you can because I don't know what he did to **** someone off so damn bad, he told me a lot of
2232censored.gif
but it wasn't so bad that I should be receiving threats to my family.

Scott David
Time once again for a reminder:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi4turtle
I seen and seen scammers and figured out how they work. But I'm the bad guy
So it's all the mentally ill brother's doing....
He's "only ever had one" account, and barely used it? Nice try, but the account using the name Scott David is one of the newest in the group; with others dating back to 2006.
I like how he played the cards though - mom died, he took in the mentally ill brother who is running amok online while he's busy with work and Cub Scouts. Okay, maybe the Cub Scouts card was a little much.

Bottom line - "Scott David" was told that before I would take anything he says seriously, he would have to provide confirmation of his identity. No big surprise - he has not yet done so. Maybe he'll make me eat my words...but if HE is Scott David (not Scott David Champlin, just Scott David), that will make the next page or so of this thread pretty interesting.

On a more serious note, I would hope that people aren't actually making threats against him or his family.

------
I call BS, that long rambling email is the same as all the correspondence I got from deercorpse . I think it is still one in the same person.
Wow. I've met some low life's in my time. But that is really low. Can't believe what I've just read. @allegraf did you get a postal address.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
There's nothing and I don't use the HATE word ever but in this case I HATE to see someone be underhanded and take advantage of people. It's a shame TFO is an awesome place to be its the ABSOLUTE BEST FORUM I've ever been a member of. Our moderators and Josh work hard to keep TFO a GREAT place to be. And IMHO people like this guy and others with his mentality need to be ... ( Well I will leave that to your imagination ).. I would just like to say that I'm glad someone caught on to what was going on here before the dumba**** were able to lie their way into getting someone's torts. People like that don't deserve to have a pet. Pets are objects only to make money on for them. IMO They need to quit working the internet and get off their lazy bums and get a dang job. Nice work here on discovering this info and getting them out of here.
TFO (1) dang scammers (0) ..
Who hoo ROCK ON TFO..♡♡THIS FORUM.

Alaskamike

South Florida
This is first I've read this thread. When I first decided to get an Aldabra, I wasn't aware of the forum here and so I began my search p
On the Internet. I sent out responses to ads on several pets for sale or adoption websites. The prices advertised for Aldabras varied from $500 - $3,000. Big difference.
Here is what I learned
- if the price is too low , it's a scam
- or, they want a wire transfer of funds
- they are " Rehoming" and just want $ for shipping
- They refuse to give an address or full name so their identity can be verified.
- they are pressuring for a quick sale because others are looking to buy.
- the pics they send are from other sites , copies
- they tell you other people are willing to pay more .... But you seem like a better home for their baby
- they want you to send $ to a PO box
- they say the be sold lots of these , but have no references to supply. Or. ... The references they supply can barely speak English

I "played" with some of these folks for awhile. Sadistic I know. Lol.
Here are some things I did after negotiations that ended their scams
- asked for bank references.
- told one right at the point of " almost" wiring $, that my brother in Indiana would drive to Chicago and pay cash - pick the 5 yo Aldabra up himself and ship it to me ( never heard from them again :)
- told one I had a fried who would take photos of tort for me in California- they vanished.

I reported all to the sites they advertised on.

Then I joined this forum and got my baby from Adabraman , who only lives about 40 miles from me.
Happy ending.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
This is first I've read this thread. When I first decided to get an Aldabra, I wasn't aware of the forum here and so I began my search p
On the Internet. I sent out responses to ads on several pets for sale or adoption websites. The prices advertised for Aldabras varied from $500 - $3,000. Big difference.
Here is what I learned
- if the price is too low , it's a scam
- or, they want a wire transfer of funds
- they are " Rehoming" and just want $ for shipping
- They refuse to give an address or full name so their identity can be verified.
- they are pressuring for a quick sale because others are looking to buy.
- the pics they send are from other sites , copies
- they tell you other people are willing to pay more .... But you seem like a better home for their baby
- they want you to send $ to a PO box
- they say the be sold lots of these , but have no references to supply. Or. ... The references they supply can barely speak English

I "played" with some of these folks for awhile. Sadistic I know. Lol.
Here are some things I did after negotiations that ended their scams
- asked for bank references.
- told one right at the point of " almost" wiring $, that my brother in Indiana would drive to Chicago and pay cash - pick the 5 yo Aldabra up himself and ship it to me ( never heard from them again :)
- told one I had a fried who would take photos of tort for me in California- they vanished.

I reported all to the sites they advertised on.

Then I joined this forum and got my baby from Adabraman , who only lives about 40 miles from me.
Happy ending.
Quality. I play around like this when we get phone calls from various sales departments like for gas, electric and mortgages. "Pests the lot of them". Like your style. This is why I wondered if there was ever an address reveled. So all American members could send a stool sample to the address. Lol. Sorry my bad sense of humour. Lol.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Quality. I play around like this when we get phone calls from various sales departments like for gas, electric and mortgages. "Pests the lot of them". Like your style. This is why I wondered if there was ever an address reveled. So all American members could send a stool sample to the address. Lol. Sorry my bad sense of humour. Lol.
YES! And blame our mentally challenged postman