Sandy Can't Keep Walker In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Walker came out for a drink and roamed around a bit about 4 o'clock today, I would have bet money he would not even stick his head out the door today,I had placed a 2x12 across his door so not as much wind would blow in, I knew if he wanted out he would just knock it over and come out.He knocked it over about 3:30 but it took him about a half hour to decide to come out.Temperature was near 50 but the rain felt very cold. he didn't stay out long, when he went back in I put the board back in place.Then about an hour later we lost power, The generator is running and everyone has heat. I hope everyone fares well through the storm, It is as nasty as all get-out here.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
That's an amazing not-so-little house you have for him!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Pokeymeg said:
That's an amazing not-so-little house you have for him!
It's 7x7 on he inside, I think I am going to put a divider in it and give half to Sylvia my new adopted female sulcata, I can cut a door on the left side and give her access that way, and still keep Walker from seeing her. I can't put the new door in the back (which would be easier) Walker has a summertime tunnel back there, and I sure wouldn't want to upset him.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
He's a teenager and thinks nothing can hurt him. :D

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I think its soo cool that they will use their ramp like that.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Awwww, what a nice house and yard for him. Hope the worst of the storm is over for you...

Len B

10 Year Member!
shellysmom said:
Awwww, what a nice house and yard for him. Hope the worst of the storm is over for you...

Everything is back to normal here, no storm damage at either house, the only inconvenience was the loss of power for about 20 hours, we were on the south side of Sandy's center and the winds came from the north and northwest,which was a good thing, because it pushed the water out to the Chesapeake Bay instead of a surge coming on shore here at the beach. As for the house, I have vinyl siding for it and have been putting off installing it for 5 years,maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.