Toad and Walker

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I weighed Toad last week, She just turned 4 years old, Her weight was 58.6 pounds.She is the smaller one in the pic. The larger one is Walker he is 20 years old and I don't have a current weight on him, He's Heavy.You can see the size difference. toad and walker 6 20 16.jpg Walker is still growing but not near as much as the youngsters.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, he's about the same size as my Dudley. After Dudley reached 100lbs his growth rate really slowed down. It has taken him about 10 years to reach 110lbs.

Toad is looking pretty good, but why on earth such an 'ugly' name for such a pretty gal?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Yeah, he's about the same size as my Dudley. After Dudley reached 100lbs his growth rate really slowed down. It has taken him about 10 years to reach 110lbs.

Toad is looking pretty good, but why on earth such an 'ugly' name for such a pretty gal?
In the spring of 2013 my grandson helped me bring the young tortoises in every night, one night I said to him, this tortoise needs a name, he said something that sounded like TOAD, It just stuck. My grandson was 2 at the time, I'm not sure he said Toad but that's what I heard. She will most likely get a new girly name later this summer.