Walker Pics

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I just reread through this all again, and wanted to tell you again what an awesome looking tortoise you have. I was showing the pictures to my family at a cookout, they were pretty impressed.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I just reread through this all again, and wanted to tell you again what an awesome looking tortoise you have. I was showing the pictures to my family at a cookout, they were pretty impressed.
Thanks,here's a couple more.The first one was taken on a chilly morning when he was catching some rays.Walker warming up.jpgAnd this one he is doing something he is pretty good at.Walker and Enoch copy.jpg The one under him is Enoch ( never changed her name) she just turned 5 when this pic was taken and she laid 3 clutches later in the fall.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Thanks,here's a couple more.The first one was taken on a chilly morning when he was catching some rays.View attachment 240026And this one he is doing something he is pretty good at.View attachment 240027 The one under him is Enoch ( never changed her name) she just turned 5 when this pic was taken and she laid 3 clutches later in the fall.
That is just to cool!!

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
He's growing nicely! Dudley has reached his full growth. Haven't noticed him getting any bigger for a couple years now.
I don't notice Charlie getting bigger either but I think he is. No matter how many times I see him walking around the yard, it still amazes me how huge he is. We recently blocked off access to a skinny area because we were afraid he was going to get stuck.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
A couple pics from today of Walker enjoying some summer blooms.View attachment 243208 View attachment 243209 I don't pick the low hanging blooms because he will pick a couple that he can reach and then move on several times a day, but if I pile them up like this they are all gone immediately.

Lucky Walker! Ive been pruning our Rose of Sharon bush....so no flowers yet!

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Thanks, With all the information on sulcata care out there today I'll bet Sheldon will grow up looking much better Walker. Just remember to plan ahead because he's going to get BIG.
Definitely, I kind of shot myself in the foot with his newest enclosure. He will definitely get some use out of it, but in hindsight... I should have gone way way way bigger.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The Sunday before last I was building a shelter for the female sulcatas that were coming back on Monday, Walker was resting nearby and after I got the top on he decided to check it out and didn't like where it was. So he proceeded to move it, After moving it about 15 feet he figured that was the perfect place for it.Walker moving box.jpgNeither him or the females have been in it since, It's heavy is made with 3/4 inch laminated reusable concrete form type plywood and he had no problem scooting it across the ground.