Russian Tortoise Vomiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
It's very hard to tell. Here's a desert tortoise that could very well be mistaken for a Russian at first glance. View attachment 48330 Although, yours definitely doesn't look like a Russian. It's too elongated and has a unique shell, yes like Yvonne said it could be a Chaco x desert

ImageUploadedByTortForum1373032469.159600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
Yvonne G said:
I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. I have 8 desert tortoises, and this tortoise doesn't look like any of them.

Well, I hope we can found out soon, because now I'm really curious! :)

sniperstan

5 Year Member
I've grown up in the Mojave desert all my life, and used to find and interact with the locals(gopherus agassizii) all the time, I have six of them that I've adopted, that to me looks like a gopherus agassizii. Possibly a gopherus morafkai, but either way, not a Russian. And should never be fed tropical or citrus fruits. Cacti apples are the best treat for them, if you can't get those tomatoes are a nice treat on occasion. I'd have him looked at immediately, vomiting can be serious. Hope he turns out ok.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United States
not sure what it is but was very confused when you called it a russian until i read the comments :D very cute girl though :) best of luck on finding out the species

Status
Not open for further replies.