russian outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Decided to put together a new area with more shade and sun, for the Summer now that it is warmer in the PNW and I am sure will stay that way :D :rolleyes: :p. And because apparently I can't stop building enclosures...
Got the exterior plywood for free, had the PVC pipe for the bird screening on hand. They do not stay there at night, but will make a safe tort house most likely.

Overall view, next to a sitting area. About 20' at the back, 10' deep.
IMG_0024.JPG

Next 3 views from right to left.
PLants include Phlox, hosta, Rose of Sharon, clumping bamboo, sweet woodruff, pulmonaria and various safe flowers that were on sale. Will sprinkle weed seeds in fall. Tried to make some mounds and barriers. Tort house in the distance in 2nd pic, those 2 cement things don't stay there.
IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

And starting demolition...
IMG_0010.JPG

The shyer tort has become much more active now that there is more room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Mmmmmm....... I have a frame up like that waiting for plastic to become a green house.
Now I could just get some wire and ......

That is a really good idea, lots of space etc-great design!!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Thanks to this site for many of the ideas. Also thanks to Yvonne G. for the 'pavers/masonry caps' along the edge idea to prevent escape, as I put this in an established garden site, so could not bury wire, etc., very well (tried for about 6 feet along the back and almost expired). She is right, they use it as a walkway, but don't try to burrow out. It also helps to put hides where you know they like to sleep so they burrow there instead.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Wow, Now This Is Heaven For Them!
Im Sure They Are Gunna Love It :)

sheric12

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Awesome, I am in process of getting ideas for an outdoor enclosure for my russian tort Carly, she would love your little piece of heaven, hope I can do her justice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.