RT bad diareaha and vomit

Jon c

Location (City and/or State)
Williamsville
Dino has been very sick and weak the last week or so. Doing alot of sleeping and very little eating. This morning I noticed his eyes were actually opened and tgey stayed open all day, i thought he was finally starting to perk up but he wasnt moving an inch. All the sudden around 3 pm he started jolting around as if he was trying to poo, yet he was in some obvious pain. He pushed out a couple huge piles of dark brown, almost looked bloody, liquid poo. It smelled awfull. He still looked to be in pain after about 30-45 mins so I put him in for a warm soak when i thought he was done to wash off and help maybe push tge rest out. After about 5 mins in the soak he started scrambling like crazy and then the same looking dark brown almost red goo came out of his mouth. He had his back to me at the time so i didnt actually see him throw it up but im like 99% sure it was unless he pooped real quick and backed up and it got sucked into his neck area real quick. But it was all over his lips and stuck in his neck area im quite sure he barfed it up but it was the exact same as the poo he started getting. Now hes just sitting tgere so scared, eyes still open head inside shell. Can anyone help please?

nicoleann2214

NY
Dino has been very sick and weak the last week or so. Doing alot of sleeping and very little eating. This morning I noticed his eyes were actually opened and tgey stayed open all day, i thought he was finally starting to perk up but he wasnt moving an inch. All the sudden around 3 pm he started jolting around as if he was trying to poo, yet he was in some obvious pain. He pushed out a couple huge piles of dark brown, almost looked bloody, liquid poo. It smelled awfull. He still looked to be in pain after about 30-45 mins so I put him in for a warm soak when i thought he was done to wash off and help maybe push tge rest out. After about 5 mins in the soak he started scrambling like crazy and then the same looking dark brown almost red goo came out of his mouth. He had his back to me at the time so i didnt actually see him throw it up but im like 99% sure it was unless he pooped real quick and backed up and it got sucked into his neck area real quick. But it was all over his lips and stuck in his neck area im quite sure he barfed it up but it was the exact same as the poo he started getting. Now hes just sitting tgere so scared, eyes still open head inside shell. Can anyone help please?
@Yvonne G

Sa Ga

MN
That is horribly sad! I'M SO SORRY--how traumatic for both of you! ???

That is why I strongly urge ppl to get a good vet located bf there are any issues and to bring the tortie in if he deviates too far from the norm for more than a couple days. It can be the difference between life and death, albeit cost you a few shiny doubloons.....

WORTH
EVERY
PENNY