RT swollen shut eyes

ZenHerper

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Dewormers are only effective against hatched worms; they do not kill/inactivate the eggs in the digestive system. These eggs hatch and develop...etc..

Several treatments at intervals (timed to not allow worms to develop to reproductive age) are given to treat through the entire egg burden.

engrken

Nipomo, CA
The first pinworm treatment may well have been insuffient. I was given a Russian Tortoise purchased from PetSmart with a bad case of pin worm infestation. It took four deworming treatments with Panacur (Fenbendazole) by the vet at two week intervals before a healthy stool sample resulted. Tortie has been fine ever since.
Ken S.
There were no noticeable side effects from the pinworms which is surprising when you see the microscope photo of a stool sample I took before going to the vet. The worms were not clear but that could be due to the underlying poop.
See attached.
Ken S.

Attachments

• BadPinworms.jpg
    BadPinworms.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 8

Jon c

Williamsville
There were no noticeable side effects from the pinworms which is surprising when you see the microscope photo of a stool sample I took before going to the vet. The worms were not clear but that could be due to the underlying poop.
See attached.
Ken S.
Wow thats crazy!! Glad to hear you're tort is well now?