Rosie my new RES

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Just got a new res today, she's about 3-4" and I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to help her adapt to her new tank mate Chippy. He's a 6-7" male ybs.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WV
Well there's alot lol. First of all I'll give you a site for them to read on austinsturtlepage. com here is a lot of info. First of all feed them separately because they will fight. Second if your new turtle is a female watch your male will harass her just because of the sex of them. Also make sure they got plenty of basking area and swimming room so they won't be squished together and a 125 gallon should do it. Third have plenty to eat and good UVB and heat for them with excellent filtration. But most important watch out for the bigger turtle bullying the little one because this will happen. And if you have anymore questions just PM me I'll help you. I have Res's also and I have had them for a while and I pretty knowledgeable about water turtles in general because I read on them all the time. Res on my fav though. Well good luck I hope I was help. LORD's Willing everything will go fine:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.