RES Poop. HELP.

rebakahrose

Okay, so I've had my RES for about 4 months. Today she was in her spare tank while her real tank gets cleaned. And I noticed some odd poop. ImageUploadedByTortForum1393985418.049687.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1393985431.746976.jpg some of that is her turtle pellets, but obviously you can tell what isn't. I don't know what to do about it, and I've never noticed this before. Is something wrong with her? Please help. I want her to be as healthy as can be.

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hold on, some of the turtle members should be around sometime. The best I could guess, is possible parasites. Don't think it's something to panic over though. If you don't get a response from someone that can help you better, try and take some fresh poop, if it still isn't normal looking and have a fecal done on it for parasites.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
The first picture looks like the poop that my boxie leaves in the water when he soaks. They almost seem encapsulated. Kind of gross but easy to clean out of the water.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
What is she bring feed outside of the pellets? If she is being feed the same thing over and over than the poop should appear similar each time. Not identical but similar

rebakahrose

I always feed her pellets. this is the first time I've noticed it looking any different.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I am not seeing anything wrong with the poo pic in question.....If you feed pellets only I would think about adding some mazuri...RESs love love love the mazuri (I use a pair of long feeder tongs--the two girls here have learned to come on up to the side of the tank and take the food)...they just go bonkers over it...

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Elohi said:
The first picture looks like the poop that my boxie leaves in the water when he soaks. They almost seem encapsulated. Kind of gross but easy to clean out of the water.

Elohi🌎(Earth)[TURTLE]

That is the first thing I thought as well. Looks like normal young box turtle poop when they eat mostly protein.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If that looks ABnormal, then I wonder what the normal looks like. It looks perfectly normal to me.