Ronnie's COOL~CAVE HIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
* COOl CAVE * 4 Enclosure......
Here is one of the * natural hide's *I use for *Ronnie* the desert tort....(There is actually a Giant Dogloo ...buried 4' down with just a crown peaking above grade, and Lava rocks built up around it):D
Pictured cruising out and catching some " rays" ,,, during spring rain last year...... :shy:

dest-tort2-1.jpg

JD~:D

andrew71888

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Colony Tx
O if it has the word rock it's real to me so good job on ur "real" hide. LOL

No honestly it looks fresh as young kids say.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Wow!! That is so cool. It looks so natural and real......wait Andrew is right, when he says it is real. I love it. Over here there would be moss growing on it in a few weeks.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Wow! That is really impressive. I also want to provide a similar natural looking shelter with rocks. Using the buried dogloo is brilliant!

How about some more pictures of your entire enclosure? What a great job! :)

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
You should draw up a diagram of it... Just cuz I'd like to see a diagram of it lol

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I was just looking at this picture again...I can't stop.....could you should us the whole cave...enclosure. I am a big fan of everything natural and love this so much. It looks like a picture from National Geographic.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Greg T said:
Wow! That is really impressive. I also want to provide a similar natural looking shelter with rocks. Using the buried dogloo is brilliant!

How about some more pictures of your entire enclosure? What a great job! :)

OK.. well most of ya all have seen it ... but fun to share ... Plus old threads are boring <wink>;)
Here is the Hide CAVE " .. that some of you "basing on" aka natural. The reason .. for the " loo" .....by the way smartie pants ...is
A: to keep him from burying to where I cant reach him ... or check on him <during Hibernation> ." Try chcking on your Tort in a 15 foot tunnel! .......and this way ... with the Loo
.. filled with dirt half way he can bury and dig.. pretending to " build his own pad"
B:RAin PROOF ..... NO WET MESSY SWAMPY HIDE.. down below .... ground ...These guys dont like wet! ....
Anyhow .. these are just their " runs" .. all get different play times ..in the main yard ... depending season, ect ...
torthabitat1.jpg
torthabitat2-1.jpg
tortscondo3-1.jpg
tortspad.jpg

tortscondo4.jpg

and yes .. finally made the whole thing
pest /critter proof with " caging in the whole thing " ya need to look close ....
and of course .. part of of the main yard ...
p1010413-1.jpg
P1010489.jpg

Thanks everyone for the positive comments ... I truley enjoy the hobby, spirt and smile of the tortoise....along with good folks ..through these trying times~
JD ~

PS ...Stay tuned for up coming " apt tort pad" .. for those with limited space.:rolleyes:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
TY Scooter ~ =:>)

DoctorCosmonaut said:
You should draw up a diagram of it... Just cuz I'd like to see a diagram of it lol

DR...... ya I know the name of the game ... ... all the DOc's try to get into my head...
hahahaha ... no Diagrams bro.... or cad systems..... its in my head! ..and 25 years building, design experience ...
Sure .. I can " blue print "one out .... but then I'd have to call my self .. an " Engineer" ... Ha ha ... and of course I want the $$$ that goes with the tittle !
Funny .... everytime .. I hear that word!

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
you are like an interior designer, except of exterior tortoise enclosures ^.^

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
OK...now I remember these pictures in another thread. Beautiful! I am definitely going to copy that cave.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Am I the only one worried that the smaller rock over the door is going to roll off and fall on Ronnie's head? ;)

Other than that, it's worthy of the wildlife reserve that you run in your back yard. :D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
Am I the only one worried that the smaller rock over the door is going to roll off and fall on Ronnie's head? ;)

Naw its your eye's ... or the camera angle ...(grin) ... the rocks are wedged together ...I myself can climb this .... remember i'am in So CA. and we have lots of " fault lines" ...:p

PS :.. ya really think I'd hang a lose rock above the door?....
( my ex did that to me ..once ! ) .... HA HAHAHAAHAHAHA :D

Status
Not open for further replies.