Restless ebt

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
I've had Opi a year now. I live in Massachusetts so she lives outside from March-October in a secure 4-7 enclosure if the weather permits it. Her previous owner did not hibernate her and I'm not familiar with the process so I've chosen not not hibernate her either. It goes without saying that she loves going outside but when she's inside she hardly moves. She does not eat any greens, much to my dismay because i offer them every other day only to throw them away. (I've tried chopping up her worms and mixing it in, starving her for a couple days and a wide variety of greens, veggies and fruits) She's been inside this month because of the weather and up until now has been her boring self. But this past week she's been climbing her enclosure walls, plants, logs and other objects i have in there. Does anyone have advice for dealing with her?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
THat looks like a very nice enclosure for a box turtle. I guess you're just going to have to out wait her. She's hoping that eventually you will get tired of looking at her trying to get out and you'll give in and put her out. It usually takes a couple weeks, sometimes up to a month, but she'll eventually settle down.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Make sure everything is alright in the habitat, & also increase the feedings. They typically try to tank up for hibernation. Even when they're awake all winter there is often an increased appetite in the fall.