This is Wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WV
my new tank has a white back ground and it seems that my RES is hypmotized into it for some odd reason and she is not interseted in swimming or getting on her rock to bask and ive tried to introduce her the other parts of the cage so i dont know can someone give me some advise because i know a good little bit on RES but idk nothing thats going on with her and the white wall.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maybe the white casts a reflection and the turtle sees itself, thinking its another turtle.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
ok but i cant right now i thought it was new to her so yea im going to watch her the res tof the day and see how it goes for her it was weird to post this but i have never seen that before

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
yea i came to the conclusion that is what she is doing :) lol but i think she is tired of looking at herself so she is starting to explore more and starting to get on her basking rock :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
maybe its blinding.. put cardboard over it and see if she still sits there.. basking turtles sit pretty still...

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
ok do you think that she has to get use to the new aquarium because she use to bask a lot in her old one but now i got her that one she seems like she just wants to swim plus i have a zoo-med uvb wavelength 60 watt light bulb for uvb and basking do you think it is ok

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
the zoomed 60 watts only produce uva not uvb do you have a powersun or a cfl uv or linear uv?

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
yea i think so but i have read on it also so it is doing what it is suppose to but yea thanks for the input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.