Redfoot heatbox/winter box

dancinggirl4life

Location (City and/or State)
texas
Looking for some help. Live in Houston. Don't have a tort yet :( wanting an adult redfoot/s. My question is I would keep the tort outdoors. And want to have a heat box that can also have enough space in winter time. Any suggestions on space/size/dimensions. What type of heating. What type of wood, paint, features, etc. I'm going to try to have someone build me one so if I could figure out what I need so I could tell them that'd be great. I have looked at the heat boxes for night time but assume those are too small for winter time.

xirxes

Take a look at tom's night heated box. Really good. 3'x3'x30", with insulation in walls, top, floor, close able latchable door with strips door when open, shelf all around to hold containers for humidity reserviours.

Radiant oil heater with pig blanket on thermostat for heat.

Primer and exterior water based paints outside.

dancinggirl4life

Location (City and/or State)
texas
Take a look at tom's night heated box. Really good. 3'x3'x30", with insulation in walls, top, floor, close able latchable door with strips door when open, shelf all around to hold containers for humidity reserviours.

Radiant oil heater with pig blanket on thermostat for heat.

Primer and exterior water based paints outside.

How big should I make it for wintering and heat box dual purpose would 3 x3 be enough for over winter?

xirxes

bigger the better so long as you heat it adaquately to maintain 80F inside the box.