REALLY NOW? WHY THE FORUM IS IMPORTANT

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well gang ....I would like to express once again a THANK YOU to Josh , all the Mods and most importantly the Contributors to the Forum. The reason?....... As I often scan the " big box" ads online in reptiles for sell , this morning within the first 6 ads , two of them are completely incorrect and misleading. For the newcomers to the hobby I can see this as purely unjust and an easy scam to make a quick buck. Sad but true ........
A reminder to all .....Do your research before you buy and check their credentials. It may save you disappointments’ down the line ....and the wrong info you were giving surely will be spread by your word of mouth….. Once again ~

JD-:)

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
Amen to that...On turtlesource once, they had a big banner for christmas "Russian tortoise special! Easy tortoises, don't need extra heat, a pair can live in a 20 gallon tank! You can even leave them for a week on vacation, just leave water and some food!" I was mortified that they put that out, but it got deleted within a day. I'm almost thinking one of the writers/editers for the site put it up there before Marc read it, and he wasn't ACTUALLY advertising such horrible information? I hope, at least...It is sad how much bad information goes out there.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Thanks to you for posting this, JD.
I actually like the fact that you can get varied advice here, but it is all in the same general framework of good chelonian care.
You can distill it down to what works for you, and your climate.

It is just hard to imagine what people will say just to sell a living creature. :(

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I agree and you are a pretty good contributor and educator yourself JD, so thank you too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.