R.I.P Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I know...they were buddies. They were young too. At that age, they cuddle up together for warmth. It's so beautiful to see that. You'll always have those memories. The only thing then is to remove the plastic mesh, and replace it with hard wire mesh with no seams. Secure it on all sides, and put a lock on the opening door. Best to you.
darrenw91 said:
sibi said:
Look Darren, Luigi had just experienced an attack and is scared out of his wits. He's stressed and naturally he won't feel like eating for a while. Really, it's not because he is missing Mario, per se. If I were you, I would concentrate on Luigi now. Don't look to replace Mario because you think Luigi misses him. The reality is, Luigi is stressed from the attack. He probably is unaware of what happened to Mario. Having said that, sulcatas are tortoises that are better raised alone. Two or more together tend to compete for food, warmth, shade, etc. Even though it appeared that Mario and Luigi got along fine, believe me, there would've been a time that you may have had to separate them. Now, you have Luigi; take care of him. Rebuild your enclosure with reinforced wire and you may want to install a yard fence so that stray dogs can't attack your enclosure. For now, keep Luigi indoors until he starts eating again. Try not to handle him too much for now since he's very scared right now. Later, when you get better ideas for a stronger enclosure, then let him out for an hour or two only and under supervision. As his confidence begins to get better, you can leave him out longer. If you cannot watch him outdoors, bring him in. Again, we are here for you. Whatever help you need, just ask...we are with you!
theres a brick wall that surrounds my yard its wel over 9 feet tall im guessing the dog went over the fence which is only abot 7 ft tall

thank you everyone and I will concentrate on luigi , mario and luigi never competed for food i would always watch them eat there food and they would always have leftovers and they always slept next to eachother where one went the other would follow .

Status
Not open for further replies.