Question?? (one active, one not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnbslitheringhouse

5 Year Member
Is it normal for on sulcata to very Active am stye other one sleep a lot? They r both in the same tub right now until my other one shows up. Should I be worried?

I hate spell check

It's suppose to be one sulcata be very active and the other one sleep a lot

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
RE: Question??

Might be a sign of bullying. The little one sleeping might very well be hiding from the active one. Separate as soon as you can and see if activity levels change for both of them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

No. I would not call that normal. It is likely that the one is intimidated by the other, even if you don't see overt aggression.

There could be other reasons too. Where did you get them? How were they started?

rnbslitheringhouse

5 Year Member
Question??

Tom said:
No. I would not call that normal. It is likely that the one is intimidated by the other, even if you don't see overt aggression.

There could be other reasons too. Where did you get them? How were they started?

I bought them from a buddy's friend. This is what they where housed in.ImageUploadedByTortForum1373419980.191882.jpg
I also know the reptile store where they came from. And he goes to all the expos in Ontario. Is reputation is good when it comes to his animals

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Are you trying to be funny, or do you mean they were housed in something LIKE that?

rnbslitheringhouse

5 Year Member
Question??

pfara said:
Might be a sign of bullying. The little one sleeping might very well be hiding from the active one. Separate as soon as you can and see if activity levels change for both of them.

I have another house coming Friday and I will be Separating them. I've only had them for two days now but I don't like taking chances so I'm asking people who no more about it.. That's why I'm lucky to find this forum and all the nice people willing to help!!

rnbslitheringhouse

5 Year Member
The one little guy has black around its mouth. What does that mean??

I separate them now its head is further out now.

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
Black around the mouth indicates that the tortoise was most likely snacking on feces.

Status
Not open for further replies.