Just some newbie Questions

Rocksteady&Bebop

Hello!
I am new to the forum and just today received two new baby sulcata tortoises. I followed the advice of the care sheet provided on the website and one of the little guys (Rocksteady) is doing just fine running around exploring etc, but the other (Bebop) is kind of lethargic. I've been reading that its common for them to sleep a lot especially as babies but Bebop just kind of passes out anywhere and isn't as active as the other. He did eat and we did soak them today i just didn't know if i should be worried that he isn't as active as the other.

Thanks Quinton

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Quinton, and Welcome to the Forum!

It might be a good idea to separate them so you can make a hospital tank for Bebop. Heat it up to 85F over the whole enclosure, and make it very moist. Cover it to keep the cold house air out. Soak Bebop in Gerber strained carrots and water (50/50) daily for at least a half hour each soak. I put my soaking dish right back into the hospital tank so it stays warm. Give him a nice hiding place. Every day after his soak, place him in front of the food then step out of his sight.

Rocksteady&Bebop

Hi Quinton, and Welcome to the Forum!

It might be a good idea to separate them so you can make a hospital tank for Bebop. Heat it up to 85F over the whole enclosure, and make it very moist. Cover it to keep the cold house air out. Soak Bebop in Gerber strained carrots and water (50/50) daily for at least a half hour each soak. I put my soaking dish right back into the hospital tank so it stays warm. Give him a nice hiding place. Every day after his soak, place him in front of the food then step out of his sight.
Thank you so much for replying! I was worried, but i went and got everything this morning and have him soaking as i type so hopefully we see some improvements soon!
Thank you again
Quinton