Baby sulcata not moving much

Parkerposey

Location (City and/or State)
San Jose
We just adopted a captive-born baby sulcata. She was very active on the ride home but now isn't moving much at all, eyes closed. I know they sleep a lot but I am new and a bit worried. Any advice?

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
Follow this guide. If you're not using the right equipment as the ones written in this guide replace them with the ones recommended by the author.

1. Can you take pictures of the enclosure it is currently staying in?
2. What type of heating and lighting equipment you're using. We need to know the exact bulb type. Links and pictures are most helpful.

Members will generally ask questions like this because we don't know the history of this tortoise. We don't know who the breeder was and whether or not if they started this tortoise correctly.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We just adopted a captive-born baby sulcata. She was very active on the ride home but now isn't moving much at all, eyes closed. I know they sleep a lot but I am new and a bit worried. Any advice?
Hello and welcome. Read that thread. Most breeders don't start them correctly, and most people give bad advice on how to house them. Read that care sheet for the correct advice.