Proper m.e.e. development

algoroth1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Ponce has just turned 4yrs old. His carapace has looked fine until now. I'm attaching photos. Interested in your comments.

The white along the edge scutes are from friction where he would scrape along a cement block in his pool (now removed). But there are some lighter almost translucent areas developing. Somewhat concerned and eager for your thoughts.

Thanks!

1471185721367.jpg 1471185746688.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's ok. It's just the edges, like when your fingernails grow out beyond the tip of your finger. Nothing to worry about.

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
Thanks guys. You know how it is...can't help worrying about my husbandry. I supose it's better for me to be neurotic and not him

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
Out of curiosity, how much does he weigh and what is the SCL? I have 4 mee's.

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
Haven't weighed or measured him but will do so. I don't think he's less than 15 lbs.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yep looks just fine to me too. Manouria tend to represent a different palate of keratin colors. A lot of my younger ones kinda have this. But then my very adult female has some spots where they are olive green translucent. I've also seems photos of this translucent all over entire specimens manly in Borneo/Sumatran areas where they were photographed. Same with impressa from those areas versus impressa in Vietnam and Thailand. Seems to be a Manouria thing for sure.