Progress on outdoor enclosure

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Very cute. I love the look of the fence. How high is that wall? Can he get through the fence? These guys are escape artist.
I really like the landscaping.

mini_max

Alberta, Canada
The wall is actually a little over a foot high. The bamboo is spaced at about 2 to 2.5 inches. The angle of this picture is really deceiving!

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
I am working on a 3 toed Box Turtle outdoor Enclosure and I can't agree with you more. Once you start you can't stop thinking of the things you want to put in the Enclosure or even the changes you want to make. It's Enclosure Crack!

sj83508

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1433248511.171882.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1433248511.171882.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 11

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Very pretty enclosure!! Can the tortoise dig under the wooden fence in the back and get out? Is your tortoise a Russian? If so, they can really dig to escape. They are real escape artists. :tort:

mini_max

Alberta, Canada
Very pretty enclosure!! Can the tortoise dig under the wooden fence in the back and get out? Is your tortoise a Russian? If so, they can really dig to escape. They are real escape artists. :tort:
Oh, believe me, I know! There is plastic edging that goes 6 inches down from the base of the fence, it is just covered by the dirt. On the other side of the fence is a downward slope covered in heavy landscape fabric and rock. So even if he made some sort of monster tunnel, he would hit a roadblock. I have been watching closely and all escape attempts (and there have been many in the last 48 hrs) have been thwarted.

Rebecca84

Very cute and cool. I'm about to build an outdoor enclosure for my 3toed box. Trying to do some research and get ideas!