Problem...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
Bella is stored for winter in a very large plastic container....the kind they recommend. It has a mixture of dirt and the expanding compressed coconut hull stuff, mostly the expanding stuff. Had her light on and proper warmth...she is still digging all the way to the bottom and hibernating....should I be worried? Should I dig her out? Should I leave her alone? I'm worried about her

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
LadyV said:
Bella is stored for winter in a very large plastic container....the kind they recommend. It has a mixture of dirt and the expanding compressed coconut hull stuff, mostly the expanding stuff. Had her light on and proper warmth...she is still digging all the way to the bottom and hibernating....should I be worried? Should I dig her out? Should I leave her alone? I'm worried about her

what are her temps at? and how long do you keep the light on? both those can factor in... are you sure shes hybernating? or just digging?

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Yes, if you aren't keeping her warm enough with enough light she will still try to hibernate. Can you give us more info on her set up?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
If it is cooler at the bottom of the tub and she is staying down there, just bringing her up and placing her in the basking spot would help to keep her warm and active. Is this a new enclosure for her? If so, it would be normal for her to hide before she is comfortable with it.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
it's on of those great big storage container that they recommend you use...it for inside as all spring and summer she has a nice outside enclosure....I have a clip light on with a basking spot and a heating pad underneath one side....even with the light on she was digging in hot and heavy...so I turned it off....should dig her out

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
What is the temp in the basking spot? What are the temps in the cooler end? How many hours of light are you providing?

Status
Not open for further replies.