Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
Funny how one trip to ikea can turn into 3! How is everyone?

hehehe! as I type this my little black chihuahua and my blond chihuahua are asleep in their bed yin and yang style. little cuties! The newest addition to the family (my daughters dog) has brought out the playfulness in my old friends. I love seeing them playful again.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
sibi said:
Erin, I totally agree with Jacqui. You do what you feel is right and instill proper, just judgment as a parent. I am soooo impressed with your story. You are a wonderful mom, and you turned out fine in spite of all the neglect in your life. I too was neglected in my life. My dad abandoned his four girls ages 2, 3, 4, 5. My mom was sick with TB, and in those days treatment was admission into a hosp for over a year. It took another 4 years for her to recoup and work to get us back. We were put in an orphanage for those 4 years. We were abused terribly there. My mom raised us all alone. We were very poor and it was impossible for my mom to control 4 teenagers. Yet, we all survived, and at least 2 of us turned out ok. It's amazing how much kids go through and still be so resilient. I love you. I hope my diagnosis is true for your baby Rand. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Sibi, I'm so, so sorry that you and your sisters had to go through all that. It breaks my heart to think that any child was deliberately hurt and worse no one was in the orphanage to love and protect you. Your mom sounds like a real fighter and it seems you have her spirit. I ended up having to go to Juvenile detention a couple of times for not being back at my apartment by curfew and similiar things but they were never mean, and here juvy kids are supposed to be all tough but its not true. The kids i was in with were all just scared kids and it was nice for all of us to be told what to do for a few days.

Melly-n-shorty said:
Funny how one trip to ikea can turn into 3! How is everyone?

hehehe! as I type this my little black chihuahua and my blond chihuahua are asleep in their bed yin and yang style. little cuties! The newest addition to the family (my daughters dog) has brought out the playfulness in my old friends. I love seeing them playful again.

That's great Mel!! I'm so glad the puppy is working out!! I'm sure Rowan is very happy!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think both Sibi and Erin deserve a pat on the back for having done so much with themselves and their lives. Your both proof that it's not how your raised that is the only thing that determines the kind of folks you will turn out to be.

Here is a rose for each of you... sorry your both too far away to give one to you personally...

075_zpsff6b9a40.jpg

035_zpseaa72101.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thanks Jacqui. My favorite are roses. Yeah, only two of us made something of ourselves. The other two, well, let's just say that they learned to depend on others to take care of them as thou they had it coming to them. They learned nothing from our mother's struggles to pick herself up and get an education and become one of only 187 histotechnologist in the nation back in the 70's. I have become philosophical about that because when children are traumatized, some can pull themselves out of it, and some have a harder time of it. Some never adapt normally, and that's what happened to them. I have a real problem with people or institutions or governments who enable people to depe d on them without teaching them how to become independent and self sufficient.

Btw, Jacqui, i too laughter at the two that turned out ok. You are so witty...I love that.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
That is very sweet Jacqui. Thanks:). They are both beautiful roses!!

It is 94 here today!! It is supposed to be in the 90's all week! Woohoo heat wave!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Talking about heat, here in Florida it's 86 degrees with humidity at 88%. Woo, it feels like 95! I remember when I lived in Jersey and the beat waves came, it was miserable. Ay least, here in the panhandle, we have a breeze from the gulf coast. But hot is hot, no matter where you live.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Jacqui those are some pretty roses!

Erin, little gus gus is working out great... my daughter has even stopped trying to sneak into bed with us! (we never let her but it hasn't stopped her from trying).

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
It's like 95 and 80 percent humidity here.
Work was so bad I'm traumatized seriously. So today I was getting the impossible done, I had meetings all day, I worked so hard last night and my day was horrible. I have a new project where I'm doing at least three roles and then I agreed to help another company to help m my client meet his launch timing. I have had meetings all day on the project and I didn't have one status because I was concentrating in the item the client told me was a priority and his assistant called me up to scold me about it. Then I'm quoting some new business for the site that caused me so much issues and trying to balance that with this soul sucking project and the site goes down. I had to drop off a phone call and hunt down a status and then get back on my call. Then I came home at 8pm and worked until now.
The worst part is that,I have deliverables for other clients.
Anyway that's why I haven't been chatty lately. I normally like stress and thrive on it but I'm beyond that now

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
That's a tough day. I went to the post office in town and shipped some stuff I sold on eBay. And I did some fence weeding and watched tortoises graze. Tough life, huh?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kerryann, you need to chill. Do you have hyperthyroidism? Because have you are doing so much all day long that you aren't even chatting; You're rambling. I was like that in my 30's and I just couldn't keep up like that w/o having my health severely affected. Do you want to kill yourself?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Ken I'm jealous except not being outside today was a good thing. It was yucky out. It thundered so hard I thought something blew up.
Sibi I'm finally starting to think it's time to move on. I love what I do but I hate not being able to do the best job I can. I don't have a high thyroid or I'd be skinnier. I really like getting to do security, work with clients, have employees, and still flex my technical knowledge but I feel like instead of cutting the low performers they just let the high performers bear the burden.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Thunder is rare enough around here that we all go out into the open, hoping to see lightening. Although eastern Oregon is get some lightening strikes and they are under sever drought/fire danger right now.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
Thunder is rare enough around here that we all go out into the open, hoping to see lightening. Although eastern Oregon is get some lightening strikes and they are under sever drought/fire danger right now.

Wow we have gotten so much rain this year. The first thunder today was so loud it scared me.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
For rain we get on average 48" a year. Not much in te summer month though. Occasionally we get thunder and lightening.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I had a fun day at the zoo with my uncle and cousin. My uncle drives big rigs and was doing a cross country run from Portland to NC and so we went to lunch and the zoo :)

There were mating Galapagos tortoises and they were soooo noisy and funny. Guess they were enjoying the heat and humidity, lol. It was about 93 degrees and 80%+ humidity.

Then I went to work and it was crazy busy for some reason. I have a headache now...

Bf and I have been looking at various housing options and keep finding houses that are like 2000+ sq ft, 3-5 bd, 3+ bath with garages and large yards and electricity wired sheds (perfect for wintering a tort!) for less than 130-150k. It's hard seeing all these places we want knowing that mortgage rates are increasing but that we can't afford a year of rent annnd a mortgage at the same time.

Oh and at work I guess they want to cross train me for Starbucks. I haven't said yes or no yet... I have till Friday to decide.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, here in Florida, we have everything including sinkholes. Lighting and thunder was so bad the other night that my house felt like it shook. It must of frightened the babies.

Kim, visiting the zoo is cool. We have a Galapagos tortoise in the zoo near me, but he was just sleeping. I didn't see a mate for him; so, there obviously was no action. Although my recent incident with my Honey Girl turned Boy was all I wanted to see. That thing frightened me that I began to cry. It seems that when the temps are really high, he goes into his mood. Since he's still only a baby, don't know if he even knows what's going on.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Aw Kim, you could have visited Cowboy. Wish I were you. But wait...you had to be in SC, not Oregon, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.