Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
She has strep :( poor kid. At least it should get better with antibiotics and I should be able to sleep tonight.

Tech13

5 Year Member
I just got home and my next door neighbor above us has a sign on the laws that says..."caution, pesticide application...blah blah stay off for 48 hours! I can smell it in the air so poor Tech won't be able to use his outside enclosure till it rains a few times I guess. There is a stone drive between our properties, I wonder if that will filter the poison before it covers our yard too? I'm really upset!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
She has strep :( poor kid. At least it should get better with antibiotics and I should be able to sleep tonight.

aww that is no fun at all! at least with strep the antibiotics usually bring relief quickly.

bad enough mine woke up at 5 am... she is now glued to my side. guess she will be a little more needy while her little heart heals... My friend has a dog she is trying to re-home... I have known him since he was a pup, he is very playful. I think I am going to babysit him for a couple days and see what the rest of the family thinks about him.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Tech13 said:
I just got home and my next door neighbor above us has a sign on the laws that says..."caution, pesticide application...blah blah stay off for 48 hours! I can smell it in the air so poor Tech won't be able to use his outside enclosure till it rains a few times I guess. There is a stone drive between our properties, I wonder if that will filter the poison before it covers our yard too? I'm really upset!

I hate that for you. The danger is when it rains and runs into your yard. I would keep Tech way far away from their yard!!

Melly-n-shorty said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

aww that is no fun at all! at least with strep the antibiotics usually bring relief quickly.

bad enough mine woke up at 5 am... she is now glued to my side. guess she will be a little more needy while her little heart heals... My friend has a dog she is trying to re-home... I have known him since he was a pup, he is very playful. I think I am going to babysit him for a couple days and see what the rest of the family thinks about him.

Oh my gosh, that will be a great distraction. I want a fawn Dane puppy. Rob said no:/. I even pulled the whole I want another baby card which usually get's me any animal I want.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
yea and I have always had a soft spot for this guy. so worst case he will provide a little distraction for a few days and get the family thinking about getting rowan a pet... Best case he will be a match for Rowan and bond with her and have to stay.

Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
I even pulled the whole I want another baby card which usually get's me any animal I want.

Now that's funny!

for sure!!! I think my husband would give a thousand animals if I pulled that card... he told him if I ever told him I was pregnant again he would cry (not tears of joy)

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Ellie's eye is looking better, just has more scarring.

My boyfriend says no more pets for me... At least not until something passes of old age. So either Ellie or the gerbils since they all have less than 3 years expected left but I don't have any plans for replacing them anytime soon!

My boyfriend does want an English mastiff though and I've told him not until we own a house.

So not wanting to go to work tonight. I have a feeling this elderly fellow who is near deaf and doesn't understand how his return was processed (onto gift cards instead of the credit card because he no longer has that credit card) and keeps coming in daily to complain how he didn't get his full value back (they were clearance items originally and I think he forgot since losing his receipt) and one day he tells us his credit card was stolen then the next he tells us his neighbor bought items for him with their credit card... I think he's just crotchety and needs to complain for social interaction but it concerns me that he's driving himself around... He couldn't see the receipt or hear the manager or myself and with the constant changing stories I think his memory isn't quite what it used to be. But every time he comes in he takes at least 40 minutes to deal with and the line backs up so badly. I try to help him understand how our returns work but I don't think he will...

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RosieRedfoot said:

My boyfriend says no more pets for me... At least not until something passes of old age. So either Ellie or the gerbils since they all have less than 3 years expected left but I don't have any plans for replacing them anytime soon!

My boyfriend does want an English mastiff though and I've told him not until we own a house.

So not wanting to go to work tonight. I have a feeling this elderly fellow who is near deaf and doesn't understand how his return was processed (onto gift cards instead of the credit card because he no longer has that credit card) and keeps coming in daily to complain how he didn't get his full value back (they were clearance items originally and I think he forgot since losing his receipt) and one day he tells us his credit card was stolen then the next he tells us his neighbor bought items for him with their credit card... I think he's just crotchety and needs to complain for social interaction but it concerns me that he's driving himself around... He couldn't see the receipt or hear the manager or myself and with the constant changing stories I think his memory isn't quite what it used to be. But every time he comes in he takes at least 40 minutes to deal with and the line backs up so badly. I try to help him understand how our returns work but I don't think he will...
That is great about Ellie!
It sounds like the guy has dimentia. Try writting it down on a receipt or something and wrapping it around his card, it may help him to understand reading it if he is deaf too. Sorry, that stinks:(

RosieRedfoot said:

It sounds like the guy has dimentia. Try writting it down on a receipt or something and wrapping it around his card, it may help him to understand reading it if he is deaf too. Sorry, that stinks:(

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Sadly I did write it down. Like, each item on the gift card receipt so each item was on a separate receipt so he could see the two he got full value for then the two that were clearance. I even gave him two corporate type numbers to call since our manager couldn't override the return and neither could our tech support.

He was a war vet and had to use a walker, so I felt bad most of all that he had to stand there the 40 minutes.

I figured corporate might be able to just credit him the difference of the $30 he claims it is but I can't just go about handing out money for more than returned items are worth without losing my job.

Looks like we're getting a good thunderstorm now. Already lost power about ten times and have all the electronics unplugged and dogs inside. Poor baby Dante is panicking even in his crate but I can't comfort him since it just makes it worse.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RosieRedfoot said:
Sadly I did write it down. Like, each item on the gift card receipt so each item was on a separate receipt so he could see the two he got full value for then the two that were clearance. I even gave him two corporate type numbers to call since our manager couldn't override the return and neither could our tech support.

He was a war vet and had to use a walker, so I felt bad most of all that he had to stand there the 40 minutes.

I figured corporate might be able to just credit him the difference of the $30 he claims it is but I can't just go about handing out money for more than returned items are worth without losing my job.

Looks like we're getting a good thunderstorm now. Already lost power about ten times and have all the electronics unplugged and dogs inside. Poor baby Dante is panicking even in his crate but I can't comfort him since it just makes it worse.

Poor guy & poor you!!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Yay for Ellie's eye!!!

we went to petco to get cuttle bones and hamster bedding and they had kittens in the store. We are putting up a little roadside memorial this evening to say goodbye to Mooch... I know it sounds silly but I think it will help Rowan say good bye.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Mikey had to go buy dog food today. It completely wigged him out. I think it killed his dreams of having another dog.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
As promised here is a picture of the Wise and Wonderful Bob. We had a great day. We went to visit a friend of mine who as it turns out lives less than two miles from Maggie. First picture is Bob, second two pictures are my buddies sulcatas. ImageUploadedByTortForum1372217328.520854.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1372217345.182093.jpg ImageUploadedByTortForum1372217365.332049.jpg
First picture of my buddies sullies, look at the one in the right. Right pretty, yes?

Last edited by a moderator:

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Nice big tortoise corral there!

Yeah, buying dog food for three as well as heartworm and flea meds is so not fun. My entire paycheck this Friday is going towards the dogs... 3 month flea/hw meds, coupon for 10% off their dog food so I'm stocking up, and paying the vet bills. But then they should hopefully be set for at least a month...

Next thing will be baths. It's hard to bathe them at home since stooping over the tub wrestling three 60/70/80 pound dogs individually hurts my back too much. The local pet store has $7 DIY doggie wash stations I'll be hitting soon since they're shedding so bad and I don't want to clog my own drains!

And I do have to add that the elderly gentleman didn't come back in so maybe he called the number I gave and got it sorted out...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Ava gets bathed when sprayed by skunks. Or if she rolls in something only a dog could appreciate then she gets a bath. Other than that, we get lots of rain.

She does get “Chicken soup for the dog lovers soul" dog food and from the word on the street it's pretty good stuff.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
RosieRedfoot said:

RosieRedfoot said:

And then you double post a comment about dementia.
Priceless.

Tech13

5 Year Member
Rosie, I was glad work turned out okay for you, I hope that man gets someone to drive him places, but it is hard for most people to rely on others, they don't want to be a burden. Also, people are so busy, they don't see when others are in need or don't want to be bothered. We really need to teach children to always put aside time to help others, and that we must show patience, love and kindness to the elderly, no matter their disposition. It could be that he returned again because he saw the kindness in you and knew that in his confusion, you would do your best to help, you were his angel :)

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372267005.760352.jpg

Hello, everyone!

I'm back from my honeymoon, have been for a few days but I've been ill and trying to catch up on work, so this is the first time I've sat down. Pulled my magazine out, and there's a story from someone in the US that apparently visits tortoise forums. One of ours?

I have so many pictures I want to share, from the wedding and honeymoon whilst I tell you. I think I'll start a long, pic-heavy post tomorrow!

Uploaded a picture of that magazine, but I'm using the iPad app for the first time, so I have no idea how make it show...

Testing..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.