Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Where I am in SC, yes. I called out of work today since I was supposed to work 3-10. Right now it's starting to melt but what most neglect to notice is this evening drops below freezing again so it would have been black ice by the time I got off work.

Black ice, no street lights, no plowing of roads, and tire chains being illegal, plus horrible drivers. So not worth risking my safety over a few hours on the paycheck.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Dunno, so the tow companies can make more money?

It's because we rarely get lasting precipitation of the frozen variety (like twice a decade) and they figure people are dumb/lazy enough to leave the chains on and chew up the roads even when it's melted off.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
The reason most states make chains illegal is road damage but studed tire are legal I believe . But good luck and drive carefully.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
What gets me is all the Craigslist ads for help because they're out of food... I'm like, how do people not have stuff to survive for 2-3 days without a grocery trip? I made lasagna and we had that for dinner/lunch the next day. Then I made beef stroganoff because I had the stuff in a box I unpacked. Tonight might be spaghetti because I've only unpacked pasta/canned goods lol. But we'll survive just fine.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not only do they chew up the roads, but they break and become flying dangerous objects.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RosieRedfoot said:
What gets me is all the Craigslist ads for help because they're out of food... I'm like, how do people not have stuff to survive for 2-3 days without a grocery trip?

Some folks do not stock up or plan ahead. If they can go out and get the free food, can't they get to their grocery stores?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
They want people to bring it to them. I saw one ad for someone wanting free cigs and food.

All I'm saying is, the population would be much much smaller if this were still the Stone Age. Granted, I enjoy my heat and tv and modern medical advancements but so many people lack any kind of survival skills it boggles the mind.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Unfortunately, those are the kinds of people that take advantage of the kindness of others.

Other sad thing is that Shellvester is almost to big for his hut.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tif, you sorta brushed on a mention about not having to build the night box, what happened?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Well, I'll have to build it EVENTUALLY. Now I just have more time to think it out. Sounds like the big fella comes with a house.

I'm going to change my icon thing again. Here's the blown up picture. :D

Attachments

• 1392339232397.jpg
    1392339232397.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.