Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:
I actually had a good day. :)
I'm so excited about my class this weekend. I have had such fun learning and exploring this new technology.

You can hear the excitement in your writing. :)

I am so glad I got a jump start tonight because I had a total blond moment that while funny I am glad it happened here and not in front of anyone who doesn't know me enough to think I'm pure dumb.
So I was trying to execute some code to make a change in a text editor. I was like man I can't figure out how to get this text editor to execute a change in this text file. Finally I realized um yeah to change this file I need to open it first. :p
It was still fantastic.
Then I refreshed my knowledge of html, css, Javascript, and json. I knew those all better than I felt like I did.
Whew... Studying to take a class. I have one more night to get ahead of the game.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
sibi said:
Sandy, that sketch looks great! You should ask people to send you a pic of their animal, and you can sketch a portrait for a modest fee. I for one could send you a pic of my three sullies, and if you can arrange a threesome portrait, I'd we willing to pay for it.:) Good way to supplement income. Put in a personal promotion ad.

Is love to do that. I uses to do water color, and I was planning to do that with some of my drawings, but I decided to try pastels. I used to do charcoal, so not much different.

Send me some pics and I will try. You will be number three on my Oder list! I have no idea what to charge. I plan to do them on charcoal paper, then mat them. I'd just charge actual cost for matting, maybe add a buck for gas since there isn't anywhere in my small town that sells decent matting.

Anyone want to give me input on what you would be willing to pay a hobby artist for a custom pastel?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Don't sell yourself cheap! You have a skill, and you should get paid for it. Btw, you should charge a flat fee for one image, say $10.00. For two images, $20.00 , and for 3 image $30.00 and so forth.
That's what i paid an artist who did a comic pix of my husband and myself ($20). Others he did was a family, and every image was $10 more. So, with 7 images, he paid $70.00. Does that help you some? And an image can be a house, a cat, a tort...

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Cowboy_Ken said:
I can't pay, but I've seen street artists charging $30.00-75.00 per.

And getting it !!!!!

You have a bumpy tortoise I want. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

sibi said:
Don't sell yourself cheap! You have a skill, and you should get paid for it. Btw, you should charge a flat fee for one image, say $10.00. For two images, $20.00 , and for 3 image $30.00 and so forth.
That's what i paid an artist who did a comic pix of my husband and myself ($20). Others he did was a family, and every image was $10 more. So, with 7 images, he paid $70.00. Does that help you some? And an image can be a house, a cat, a tort...

That helps a lot! I'd rather sell a few more for less, make people happy, but not upset if they are not 100% satisfied with their drawing.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Look, trust me on this. $10 per image is not a lot! What you should do is draw a few images, or different torts, and put it out there. If someone wants it, they'll pay for it. If you want, you can give a 100% guaranty or your money back, less postage. I told you , I could be your manager:p. Whatever you do, plan a price list (5 x 7 = $2.50 plus image(s).) 8 x 10 = $3.50 plus images etc. So, my pix would be 3 images plus $3.50 for 8 x 10 = $33.50 total. Sounds good? Shipping can add up too. If someone orders a 16 x 20, packaging so that it doesn't arrive bent could cost quite a bit. So, you can't sell yourself short. If I were you, I'd make the buyer pay for postage too.

Sulcata_Sandy said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
I can't pay, but I've seen street artists charging $30.00-75.00 per.

And getting it !!!!!

You have a bumpy tortoise I want. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

sibi said:

That helps a lot! I'd rather sell a few more for less, make people happy, but not upset if they are not 100% satisfied with their drawing.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Stormy still hasn't had a real poop, started vomiting again, and hasn't shown any interest in water or food since last night. He's got zero energy and cries if we touch him, hates his meds and having his butt wiped, and is pretty much the saddest little kitten I've ever seen. I hate this...it's breaking my heart. :( The only positive today is that he peed. We have another vet appointment in the morning. I'm scared to hear what they might say, and how much it's going to cost. I just want my little nugget to get better...he's was being such a trooper and he's so obviously sick and in pain now. :(

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Cowboy_Ken said:
I'd pay a shovelful of weeds for shipping.

My Ducks lost.

I was at work from 7:30-7:30. My bosses husband comes in at 6:00pm so the regular receptionist can go home, he was complaining about the 7-0. I teased him.

Drawing for a bumpy tortoise and a shovelful of dirt! Heck yeah!

I already have a few schools that want me to come talk about responsible pet ownership for the kids who are at that age. Eventually is love to have Franklin and one like yours to compare side by side the difference in a little bit of care can make. She's only a bit bigger than MoMo. You gotta meet MoMo. He's such a sweet guy, and tell me what you think of his mangled beak. He's definitely not an easy keeper...not much he can eat. But I practice tough love and give him a variety and let him manage. He's slowly gaining weight, becoming more curious and outgoing every month, so he's doing ok. He'd be a candidate for a feeding tube, but it would be a temporary fix. Considering it, so we shall see.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
StarSapphire22 said:
Stormy still hasn't had a real poop, started vomiting again, and hasn't shown any interest in water or food since last night. He's got zero energy and cries if we touch him, hates his meds and having his butt wiped, and is pretty much the saddest little kitten I've ever seen. I hate this...it's breaking my heart. :( The only positive today is that he peed. We have another vet appointment in the morning. I'm scared to hear what they might say, and how much it's going to cost. I just want my little nugget to get better...he's was being such a trooper and he's so obviously sick and in pain now. :(

Wait.are you talking about me? Get the little bugger playing to help get things normal.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Call it what you want.....but is that is that a Redfoot on your lap or are you just happy to see me?

Yes, it's (my) Friday night, and indeed I do have Starvin Marvin, my Redfoot, on my lap hand feeding him cat kibbles. Am I a wild woman or not? [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Awww...I'm feeling so sad for Stormy. He's so sick it's breaking my heart too. I can't stand to see animals suffer. Let's see what the vet says. Also, you should tell the vet that the follow-up should be included in the price for the surgery! If you don't let the vet know that you're paying too much, then they'll just keep charging you up the kazoo.
StarSapphire22 said:

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
AHAHAHA you guys crack me up. XD

Stormy is back in his kennel for now...contains the mess easier, and makes him rest. He's just hanging out in his litterbox. *shrug* And of course, he kicked out half his litter to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.