Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

RosieRedfoot said:
Came back from lunch to find the alarm going off due to a power outage. We've been getting crazy thunderstorms this week so Dante the baby of a dog is having a fun time. It's a bad week for storm and firework anxiety, so he's sporting a thunder shirt and a panicked expression. Now someone is lighting off fireworks as I type and he's looking scared.

My dog Ozzie used to be afraid too but now it takes really loud thunder or fireworks to scare him. Do thunder shirts help?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:( :( :( :( :( Jeff just drove away not more then five minutes ago, so I came in here to whine before going outside to catch up on work. :rolleyes: He was home (between things like Dr appts) from Wednesday afternoon until this morning, when we went to go get his load. He dropped me off on his way back by. Now it's another three months wait until another home time. :( :( :(

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Kerryann said:
Look what Mikey put up today :D

This picture just begs for an explosion to be photoshopped behind the flag.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
:( :( :( :( :( Jeff just drove away not more then five minutes ago, so I came in here to whine before going outside to catch up on work. :rolleyes: He was home (between things like Dr appts) from Wednesday afternoon until this morning, when we went to go get his load. He dropped me off on his way back by. Now it's another three months wait until another home time. :( :( :(

I'm sorry I missed you and i'm sorry it will be do long since you will see him again. That must mean he is doing well, right? How is he feeling?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Awww sorry Jacqui :(

Ken I was on pinterest and found this food that made me think of you. It was peanut butter banana bacon sandwiches. There was no bread just slices of banana with peanut butter and bacon in them.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
The thunder shirts work for some dogs. I think it takes the edge off but when it's really loud he still panics. I often just ignore his panicking and he'll just sit in his crate panting and wide eyed with occasional whines.

He also puts off a horrible funk smell when anxious. It's not anal glands or accidents of anything like that but he exudes fear/stress and it just makes him smell rancid. Probably how people's stress sweat smells worse than just cooling sweat. I'm thinking my next day off I need to go to the self serve doggie wash.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RosieRedfoot said:
The thunder shirts work for some dogs. I think it takes the edge off but when it's really loud he still panics. I often just ignore his panicking and he'll just sit in his crate panting and wide eyed with occasional whines.

He also puts off a horrible funk smell when anxious. It's not anal glands or accidents of anything like that but he exudes fear/stress and it just makes him smell rancid. Probably how people's stress sweat smells worse than just cooling sweat. I'm thinking my next day off I need to go to the self serve doggie wash.

Poor puppy :(. Those self serve dog washes sound pretty cool. I have never heard of anything like that. I need to go to bed, I'm exhausted and the letter after j stopped working on my iPad and now I have to spell words in a way that autocorrect will figure out what I mean and replace it with the correct word. Ugh!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Can your vet give you something like acepromazine? I'm not sure on the spelling, but a low dose might help.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
My dog jordan had anti anxiety drugs that were supposed to help him. They help normal dogs. It was paxil.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Yeah some acepromazine or Valium would help but I don't feel like paying for it or taxing his liver and I'm not home most times when there are storms and he's left crated and does fine. I think if he was at risk of harming himself I'd do it but as for now he's just a whiny smelly baby over it.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
The fourth messed me all up. Karen had the day off and in my pea brain, I figured it was Saturday so I pulled bacon out for Bacon Sunday. I believe this is what caused me to ultimately go back to bed this morning.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good morning everyone. I've had a tough week. First, Beasty Boy caught a RI and was wheezing. i had to take him to the vet for antibiotics. I have to give him shots everyday for ten days. He has two more to go. Then, Honey Girl had something coming out of the cloaca. It was about four inches out and it looked like a flower with a little stub on the end. I about had another heart attack thinking it was a prolapse. I've seen prolepses, but not like this! My husband was holding her, but this hanging thing was awful. We put her in warm water last night so I can think clearly. When I picked her up, it was back in. Only after a while, it looked like it wanted to come out again, but I just touched it, and she stuck it back in. What the h*** is this thing? Is she a he? Was that a dingdong? Does anyone have a picture of a flashing? For heaven sake, she's only 20 months old! This can't be a flashing, could it?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Congrats Sibi, it's a boy!!! The "flower" part of your description is what makes me think it was a boy flashing.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
But, he's only 20 months old! How could that be? He's still a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.