Pretend Chat 2.14

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
the Sun is out and shining but very cool today.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well darn! The wind just caught my front screen door and ripped it off. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you think you'll be seeing the wicked witch of the west soon? (Not a good time to be wearing your ruby red slippers)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Do you think you'll be seeing the wicked witch of the west soon? (Not a good time to be wearing your ruby red slippers)

But I am the wicked witch of the west. At least we aren't getting the snow WY is getting. I80 is shut down.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I put a spare bulb over it, not thinking about the fact that it was a uvb bulb and I think that killed it. It got 'sunburned' and died. Or maybe the bulb was too close. It's been a while since I've grown indoors.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I put a spare bulb over it, not thinking about the fact that it was a uvb bulb and I think that killed it. It got 'sunburned' and died. Or maybe the bulb was too close. It's been a while since I've grown indoors.

Darn. :(

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I don't know what's more surprising/disappointing; that they're making Kindergarten Cop 2, or that Tremors 5 just came out.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I don't know what's more surprising/disappointing; that they're making Kindergarten Cop 2, or that Tremors 5 just came out.
that's like asking painful proctologist visit or slightly more painful proctologist visit.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
November 12th is national pizza with the works except anchovies day. ok that's all she wrote folks. actually it is also natural Chicken Soup for the Soul day. So take your choice pizza or soup.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
well folks researchers just said on the radio that people with a warped sense of humor could be showing signs of early dementia. looks like I'm doomed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne and jaizei... how did your rainbow tree seeds do?

I'm still waiting for them to sprout. A couple weeks ago a whole bunch of sprouts happened in their container and I was beyond happy, until I realized it was chickweed. Shoot! But I'm still taking care of the pot and I've plucked out all the chickweed. Yesterday I noticed two new sprouts. They have a different look to them, so I know they're not chickweed. Hopefully it's going to be my rainbow trees! Fingers crossed.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I'm still waiting for them to sprout. A couple weeks ago a whole bunch of sprouts happened in their container and I was beyond happy, until I realized it was chickweed. Shoot! But I'm still taking care of the pot and I've plucked out all the chickweed. Yesterday I noticed two new sprouts. They have a different look to them, so I know they're not chickweed. Hopefully it's going to be my rainbow trees! Fingers crossed.

Oh, I totally cheated and just bought a seedling. I'm very hit and miss when it comes to getting trees/seeds to sprout.

I think out of 100s of empress seeds I've tried, I've had 2 germinate. So much for invasive.