Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I feel like I'm on the brink of a breakdown... Hope I feel Better tomorrow. :(

Well, then, now is a good time to take a nap. You'll feel better when you wake up. And whatever is bothering you try not to dwell on it. Try to keep your mind busy on something else.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think I'd say emotional is worse, I'm anything but sensitive people can basically say anything to me and it'll roll right off, but if in extra emotional I could just say hi to Franklin and start tearing up for no reason. It's like PMS emotional but comes and goes whenever it wants.

Not sure that's a super power I'd like.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne, technical they could go back inside after about six hours or so. I believe you usually keep it shut up for four hours isn't it? Been awhile since I bombed for fleas, so not sure on time line. Just no food or water items should be left inside and I would not be feeding them in there for as long as possible. If you could spray down the inside, that would be great.

Oh, ok. I was thinking it would be days and days. The sheds have two by four frames with rigid foam insulation on the inside and on the outside, then plywood over the insulation inside and outside. So there's plenty of space inside the walls for roaches to live. And do they ever! I've been using sticky traps and changing them every day, but that could go on forever!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Well, then, now is a good time to take a nap. You'll feel better when you wake up. And whatever is bothering you try not to dwell on it. Try to keep your mind busy on something else.
I'll sleep in an hour or two. I just keep fearing that I'll cause my own downfall... That my mistakes will cause everything to crash.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Everyone makes mistakes. That's not the end of the world. You just do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, Misty and I are going to lunch now. She's having Prairie something or other that contains bits of buffalo and deer, and I'm having left over chicken fried steak, country gravy and mashed potatoes. Then I'll read for a bit and fall asleep in my recliner. See you later......

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Well, Misty and I are going to lunch now. She's having Prairie something or other that contains bits of buffalo and deer, and I'm having left over chicken fried steak, country gravy and mashed potatoes. Then I'll read for a bit and fall asleep in my recliner. See you later......
See you in a week or so.
Don't mix up the meals.
Take care

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So this morning or last night, a group here was talking about how hard it is for them to fall asleep. Something I did in the past to help me was to visualize doing things I enjoyed. Really getting into the visual details of it. Some how I think this helps prepare the brain for that part it activity, dreaming. I think it's important not to have mental discussions with yourself while doing this. Even if it's just fantasy, it helps.