Pretend Chat 2.14

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Finished my stone carving... I was not expecting that. I've been carving it practically all day, it's been a rough day I needed it to keep me calm. It's currently untitled, but if never submit a work to a show untitled so I'll have a title eventually.

What do you see?

View attachment 129348
I see a well groomed dog, sitting and waiting for his turn to appear in a dog show.

You should title it "Patients"

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
It is starting to sprinkle here. Somebody said perhaps a couple of inches of rain expected tonight. :) Hope we get enough to clean, but not reflood. :)
Hello. Hope that 'flood' is now over.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
No this has been a bad week : my step sisters husband died Wed. The funeral was fri . And today my 1/2 sister s husbands brother died today in a AVT accident and I just read Toms message . Boy has it been a week !
Please accept my sincere condolences.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi Adam. It was a beautiful day yesterday when it was nice and sunny. Temperature dropped today and....rain is expected. "Goodness' I thought. Moreover it is very DUSTY.
Yeah, very dry and dusty here too, but no rain for the next four months, I shouldn't think.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Afternoon, Gillian.
Afternoon, Oli.
Hi Adam, Wifey and of course Tidgy.

Did you see....BAYERN get beaten by Barcelona 3-0? The (the Bavarians) drove me nuts that night: all three goals were scored during the last 15 minutes of the match. I would have like to see....Oli's (the GK-not my tort) reaction.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Yeah, very dry and dusty here too, but no rain for the next four months, I shouldn't think.
Oh...I'm not expecting it to rain at this time of the year in this country-I was only repeating what was said on TV.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi Adam, Wifey and of course Tidgy.

Did you see....BAYERN get beaten by Barcelona 3-0? The (the Bavarians) drove me nuts that night: all three goals were scored during the last 15 minutes of the match. I would have like to see....Oli's (the GK-not my tort) reaction.
Saw highlights, or rather lowlights, I don't think Oli (the GK-not your tort) would have been best pleased.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Saw highlights, or rather lowlights, I don't think Oli (the GK-not your tort) would have been best pleased.
I watched all of the match. It was 0-0 till 75th minute which would have been to BAYERN's advantage had it ended like that; as the game took place in Spain. After minute 75....three goals were scored one after the other! I don't think the GERMANS will be able to score FOUR goals in the return match, though you never know in football (and even in life).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yesterday I bought some hardy hibiscus, a couple pumpkin plants, some gazania, and a wonderful, sharing guy from the Forum sent me some cuttings...so today I'll be outside playing in the potting soil. I plan to put the pumpkin plants in a tortoise yard so they can eat the leaves. Hibiscus and gazania are also edible. Playing in the potting soil is one of my favorite pastimes...a great way to spend Mother's Day.

My daughter brought me some candy and a cute little tortoise metal sculpture early this a.m. And yesterday my S.I.L. put a hose bib on the front porch so I don't have to drag a hose all around the house.

There's always the tall grass that needs mowing, however, I'm Tom Sawyering that one for a few days.

I hope @Jacqui is catching up on her clean-up projects and has found all the outside cats.