Power Outages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Yes, very much so. Every year when there is a power outage in this area (upper Midwest) someone fires up a generator or heater in the house and authorities find nice warm dead bodies. Carbon Monoxide.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yes you must have your generator outside the house. I have it set up to run the cord through an almost closed window (insulation making the final seal so no cold air gets in) and then plug in the heat lamps-Ah cosy and warm in case of a power outage.

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
Chucky said:
Come to find out afterwards that we were on the same grid as the hospital and police station so our power was never turned off.

how do you find out what grid you're on? i live close to a fire station, maybe i'm lucky??!!!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
My plan in Omaha involves packing my herd away in couple clean coolers lined with old toweling, paper towels, etc. and using chemical hand warmer packs and one of those cool thermometers for cooking with a probe and a high/low alarm to monitor the temp.

If the outage continues, the plan is to either transport to somewhere with heat, or to 'jazz up' the coolers with light sticks so the tortoises can see to feed, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.