possibly respiratory infection

tasha bason

He is inside, been inside for 2 days, just not in an enclosure he's be roaming in my 80 sf laundry room I've had the lamp on most of the day it's off now

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
We don't have an indoor in closure I've got a uv heat lamp I've been turning on in the laundry room and letting him roam.
The floor is too cold. Put him in something even if it's in a cardboard box for the night.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
He is inside, been inside for 2 days, just not in an enclosure he's be roaming in my 80 sf laundry room I've had the lamp on most of the day it's off now
Night time heat is very important, no light so they can sleep

tasha bason

Ok I just put him in the Tupperware we got him in and there is a picture of him on my hand to show his size. I am in sw area near bellaire /sharpstown

20150418_222117.jpg 20150418_222050.jpg

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
That poor guy has had a lot of stunted growth from serious lack of care. If he's going to have any chance at all your going to have to give him a super good indoor closed chamber.

tasha bason

Please don't think of me as a bad owner I'm learning unfortunately Im having to learn quickly. I rescued from a family member who was absolutely not taking care of it and I took it away.. im trying.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Like a heat rock? No I didn't know they needed it.
No heat rocks or heat mats. A Che is a Ceramic Heat Emitter. It screws into a lamp like a bulb but puts off no light, just heat. Torts need heat from above not from heat rocks or heat rope.

tasha bason

Ah see how little I know.. maybe it's best if he goes to someone who can better care for him. :/

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Please don't think of me as a bad owner I'm learning unfortunately Im having to learn quickly. I rescued from a family member who was absolutely not taking care of it and I took it away.. im trying.
We've all been there. We just want to shorten your learning curve for the sake of that tort. Don't take anything we say personally. It's all about telling you what the tort needs not telling you want you want to hear. I tent to come off a little harsh but that's only because I don't sugar coat anything.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Ah see how little I know.. maybe it's best if he goes to someone who can better care for him. :/
What's best is for someone to take the time to learn his needs and spend some money to get him set up correctly. Is that something you can do? If not then maybe you should give him up. I'd be happy to help you if you want to keep him and do it right.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

NO! You're going to be fine. You just need to start from the beginning. Read the beginner's thread and start over by buying all the right equipment. You're going to be fine.