Possible respiratory infection.

Braeden p

Location (City and/or State)
Pottstown PA
So notice every month or so I hear Betty blow out air that sort of sounds like hissing. Today she did that really loud for like a minute then rubbed her nose on her leg and did that for a minute I did not see anything thing but I am no expert so if anyone knows any thing please help.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
So notice every month or so I hear Betty blow out air that sort of sounds like hissing. Today she did that really loud for like a minute then rubbed her nose on her leg and did that for a minute I did not see anything thing but I am no expert so if anyone knows any thing please help.
That hissing is when a tortoise puts its head in its shell really fast, not R.I.

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
Also Betty is a Russian tortiose and I had her for about 2 years and her in closure is 3’ by 3’ it is normal 85 max in the basking spot then about us to 82 within 12 inches and 76 every where else

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Ok that clears up some of it but Betty did that about 10 times and kept rubbing her nose on her leg
It might be her sneezing. If you see discharge from the nose, if she becomes lethargic, loss of appetite etc then she might have R.I. Her basking spot should be 95-100° though, try uping her temps. One more note 3 by 3 is much too small for anything bigger then a hatchling, I would upgrade her enclosure size as soon as possible.

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
It might be her sneezing. If you see discharge from the nose, if she becomes lethargic, loss of appetite etc then she might have R.I. Her basking spot should be 95-100° though, try uping her temps. One more note 3 by 3 is much too small for anything bigger then a hatchling, I would upgrade her enclosure size as soon as possible.
It was to be 6’ by 3’ but my mom wanted the other half for a shelf which was not possible and she made me make it only 3 by 3 and now Betty lost her appetite and I found her buried in her half log cover with bedding and only her head sticking out and will not eat and just has her head up to a wall sitting there. PLEASE HELP

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
I put one carrot sticks in Betty’s food and after ten minutes she is eating again.