Respiratory Infection

Killerrookie

So my year old Sulcata Putin is wheezing a bit and discharge from his mouth but not nose. I figure this I a respiratory infection but the problem is. How did he get it when his enclosure temp at night is 85-90F?
I notice it after giving all my torts a bath and when I was giving him one I notice the hard breathing. (I give my torts baths separately in clean water)
Just want to know your guys opinions and how to deal with the problem.
Here's a pic:

Killerrookie

Are you bathing them outside of the enclosure?
I bath them outside of the enclosure and in a bath tub because it's cold here in Houston and the water gets cold quickly if done outside. The thing is he stopped the heavy breathing when I got him out of the bath and stopped handling him. The discharged went away also. I'm not taking the fact he might have a respiratory infection off the table.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
I bath them outside of the enclosure and in a bath tub because it's cold here in Houston and the water gets cold quickly if done outside. The thing is he stopped the heavy breathing when I got him out of the bath and stopped handling him. The discharged went away also. I'm not taking the fact he might have a respiratory infection off the table.

My suggestion is to bath them in the enclosure if possible, house temps are cooler and the tub water cools faster mixed with the ambient room temps. I wasn't suggesting doing it outside. I do this with all my smaller torts that I feel are still prone to catching an illness quicker

Killerrookie

My suggestion is to bath them in the enclosure if possible, house temps are cooler and the tub water cools faster mixed with the ambient room temps. I wasn't suggesting doing it outside.
I'll start doing that! Thank you I'm open to all suggestions. He seems better now but I'll be watching him very closely today, just to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
After taking a big drink my sulcata will snort and sneeze, with water coming from his nose and mouth (mostly from the nose). Then he may retract his head into his shell, rub his eyes with his forearms, and then stare at the water dish as if he is in deep meditation before taking another drink. He is 7 years old and lives outside full time. Sometimes he just takes a quick drink and moves on with any of the theatrics. An Upper Respiratory Infection would be accompanied by lost of appetite, lethargy, continual discharge from the nose, swelling around the eyes or closed eyes. Watch for any of these symptoms and double check all you temperatures. What you are seeing might just be normal behavior.