portable enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

68merc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Fresno, CA
Back in March I built a portable enclosure with the intention of moving it around on the lawn. Well with watering and mowing it just wasn't fun to move. Its made of 2x12 and there is 16' of it.
2011-02-13_15-09-07_569.jpg

So them I made a spot for it in the flowerbed that will one day be another enclosure.
DSC_0251.jpg

But then I added plants and bark for a substrate so lifting the whole thing to put the babies in wasn't an option so I cut the top off and added hinges.
568152179_photobucket_60581_.jpg

And last... even though there is lots of shade I didn't want to bake the babies so i added shade cloth.
temp.jpg

It is attached to the top so I can open the whole thing up for maintenance.
temp1.jpg

All this to say, Bless you that get it right the first time! :p

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Great job, and none of my projects have gone the way I wanted. Always end up making changes or modifying them for one reason or another. All the changes you made look great!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think the finished product was well worth the effort!

I have never stopped learning and changing things in my enclosure design since I started. I've got a couple more ides in the works right now. Well actually, not a couple, but 4.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think that's part of the fun. Just when you think you've got it figured out, new ideas start to pop into your head.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Nice enclosure. Functional and nice looking. I am sure your tort(s) will love it.

River14

5 Year Member
Thats brilliant Merc, can you do me a line of six just like that? We want morning and evening sun. Hehehe I still like your original portable too and would always use it with my Stars

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
68merc said:
Back in March I built a portable enclosure with the intention of moving it around on the lawn. Well with watering and mowing it just wasn't fun to move. Its made of 2x12 and there is 16' of it.
2011-02-13_15-09-07_569.jpg

So them I made a spot for it in the flowerbed that will one day be another enclosure.
DSC_0251.jpg

But then I added plants and bark for a substrate so lifting the whole thing to put the babies in wasn't an option so I cut the top off and added hinges.
568152179_photobucket_60581_.jpg

And last... even though there is lots of shade I didn't want to bake the babies so i added shade cloth.
temp.jpg

It is attached to the top so I can open the whole thing up for maintenance.
temp1.jpg

All this to say, Bless you that get it right the first time! :p

Excellent design!

dalano73 said:
Great job, and none of my projects have gone the way I wanted. Always end up making changes or modifying them for one reason or another. All the changes you made look great!!

Never had an enclosure EVER end up the way I initially planned it...even the oldest enclosures end up getting tweaked and re-tweaked as time goes by...otoh, I mostly use 2 X 4s, which are relatively cheap, so at least I got that part right! :p

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Looks Great, Its So Exciting Adding & Changing This Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.