Poo problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylohx

5 Year Member
So titan has settled in nicely i have him in a humid environment following toms instructions! he seems nice and happy! gets bath soaked once or twice a day sprayed a few times and when the suns out i stick him in the garden in a nice roomy pen!

Indoor temps are (degrees Celsius) 36-39 basking spot, 30/32 warm end 26/28 cool end and 70-80% humidity at all times. night time when basking spot is off it pretty much stays the same maybe a 1 - 3 degree drop all round.

I have been feeding him mainly a mix of grass, Dandelion leaves with a few heads, and clovers.

he seems to have trouble digesting because the past week he has had grass sticking out of his bum. ( not for a solid week but every now and then untill he poos again)

Could it be the type of grass?

Kylohx

5 Year Member
i do chop the grass when feeding inside but when he is out in the grass he still eats big bits :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's pretty normal. When I break up my Dudley's large "bullets" all that's in them is strings of undigested grass. Beats me how they get any nourishment from that.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Grass is very tough to digest which is why rabbits eat their droppings (to have another go) and cows have four stomachs.

it is completely normal to see it poop and could by why some torts eat their poop

Kylohx

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
That's pretty normal. When I break up my Dudley's large "bullets" all that's in them is strings of undigested grass. Beats me how they get any nourishment from that.

okay thanks! just think it must be annoying for him to walk around with blades of grass hanging out his bum lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.