Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Will:

If you see any female Terrapene carolina bauri would you pick me up a couple? Or a couple of babies and I'll take my chances on their gender.

Which day are you going?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
emysemys said:
Will:

If you see any female Terrapene carolina bauri would you pick me up a couple? Or a couple of babies and I'll take my chances on their gender.

Which day are you going?

OK Honey, I get the trash out too, in the morning before the truck comes down our street.

Saturday.

Oh feces - I forgot this is all public.

;-)

Will

TortoiseBoy1999 said:
So is it possible to sell my Russian at anyone's booth? :p

There will no doubt be a sign posted "no outside pets blah blah blah".

So if you know someone who has a table, maybe you could help them set it up, get in free with the vendors, and get your russian sold.

Otherwise, they (those who organise the event) would probably frown on it. Some shows, you even have to show a receipt to get out the door with your booty. So, if you didn't sell it, they (same they) might think you somehow got it without paying a registered vendor.

Will

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I may go ... (I know I shouldn't though - I inevitably come home with something whenever I go!)

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
carpool? parking there is pretty steep.... isnt there a member that lives across the street on here and just walks to this convention each year???

Red

5 Year Member
Las Vegas
We will be there this weekend, so make sure everyone comes by the booth and says hi! We should be pretty close to the center of the room in our normal Pomona spot :)

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I wish I could go, but I live in Missouri and there is no way I can get there. :(

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I am going tomorrow at 11. Looking for a 5-7 inch female Redfoot, to add to the growing collection.
I also just love to look around and get supplies and see what I don' t need.

Some of these posts are quite humerous!

:)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Will said:
So, say 2:00 pm near Tortoise Supply booth. Sat and/or Sun I'll only be there Sat.

There will be tortoises to look at and good books to buy, or maybe that should be the other way around?

Will

Nobody showed. I kept checking in with Tyler. One member came up and said hi to him, but he forgot to ask her user name. Anyone know who that was? I looked everywhere for that hat and did not find it. I had my daughter and Tyler and Sarah hunting for it too. Were you there Will?

TortoiseBoy1999 said:
kathyth said:
You should go!!

Me? I can't!!!! I'm 13! How am I going to get from Palmdale to Pomona (81 miles)? By myself. Believe me. I would love to go.

I thought you said you were already going. I would have offered to let you carpool. I took my little girl, met some friends and we all had a great time.

It was a good show. Lots of variety, the hall was full of vendors, and the crowd was insane. The we're over a hundred people in line trying to get in when we got there at noon, and it was still like that at 3:30 when we left. Tyler was his usual self and Sarah was as lovely and graceful as ever. The tortoises at the show were okay. A few things bothered me, but nearly as much as usual. There were some Gpp for sale there too. That was a big surprise as its not the season. Apparently these were hatched in season a few months ago and just have not grown much. They looked great though.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Insane ....more like "CHAOS" =a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order. After inviting my father his 1+hour drive, then from my pad another 45mins ....showed with excitement to be let down with a line 500 people deep at 3:00 about an 1hour line time ...... ya wanna know why ?
The didn’t sell tickets at the Pre ticket booth ( usually 3-5 of them you see for most events ) they had you pay at the door ...with 2 ... yes count them…. 2 people trying to make change for every customer , family , ect .... and I'm sure the two working couldn’t count much higher than 10 - and the cost was 12 bucks ... I think it through their training off. ... :rolleyes:

Needless to say good thing good thing the motorhome show was next door ......looked at some 400K meals on wheels ... I must say ...very very nice!

*****BAILED THE HERP SHOW ****
:(

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
Tom said:
Nobody showed. I kept checking in with Tyler. One member came up and said hi to him, but he forgot to ask her user name. Anyone know who that was? I looked everywhere for that hat and did not find it. I had my daughter and Tyler and Sarah hunting for it too. Were you there Will?

.... maybe me? I was there, started on the left side when I came in, and saw the Tortoise Supply booth first, said hi I'm "one of those people" who uses Tortoise Forum, made a mental note to return to the booth pick up some of the seed mixes and some Mazuri eventually, then proceeded to make my way around the rest of the show. I'm a newbie to these conventions, and got COMPLETELY sucked in to the crowd. I had to look at everything, and oh my was there a lot to look at. The crowd just go denser and denser and by the time I reached the other side of the room, it was well past the time he said everyone was meeting and I didn't have the courage to dive back into the crowd - I even rationalized that I'd just order whatever I had planned to purchase at Tortoise Supply online...

I regret not getting to meet you Tom, and anyone else who was there! I just did not plan for the whole "shop like its Black Friday" experience. Whoa.

For anyone planning on going today, be prepared to stand in line (that waiting threw off our schedule for the day too), and know to expect big crowds of people like me who want to see everything. Eeeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.