Reptile Show in SoCal

cupcakeAddict

Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I hope this thread is in the right place.

Hey all there is a reptile show in Pomona, CA. Jan. 7-8 I am wondering who is going to go and if you are going through Pasadena, CA. can you pick me up on the way? I don't drive and I can pay for gas. I never been to a reptile show before and I want to look around and pick a nice Tortoise to take home with me LOL

If you are going can you Private message me please? Thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I never know if I'm really going until the night before. That show has become a hassle to get in and out of, so I'm torn about it now.

I hope you enjoy the show, but that is not the best place to get a tortoise. Most of the sellers there will not have started babies the right way. Better to find a breeder of the species you are interested in right here on the forum and get one direct. Usually cheaper that way too.

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
SoCal California
I'm planning on going on Saturday but I'm coming from the wrong direction to help you. Sorry. I have reached my limit of torts and turts but I'm always interested in herp-related products.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I agree with Tom. It's popularity is making it somewhat annoying, all the baby carriages, people sleep walking with the phone in their face etc. I've not found too much people talking out their butt about what they are selling, but I'm me and have a look that says "stop bull$shiting me" pretty early on.

Tyler Stewart (tortoise Supply) and Chris Roacher {sp} (Sunland Breeders) will likely be there. Some others. The buzz of activity makes it difficult to have a decent conversation.

Show prices are hit and miss, some will be higher than brick and mortar stores or no better. There are killer deals on some supplies, but you have to know the prices in mind to make that determination, or play with your phone and see the Amazon.com comparative cost.

I drive up from the San Diego area, can't really help with the ride.

cupcakeAddict

SoCal
Maybe I will just wait for the Pasadena Reptile Show in Nov to come around but I will have a Tortoise by then LOL

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Maybe I will just wait for the Pasadena Reptile Show in Nov to come around but I will have a Tortoise by then LOL

I went to that show once a few years back and it was great. The last couple of years it came and went and I didn't even know it was happening. They need to advertise more because their customer base is missing them.

cupcakeAddict

SoCal
They were here in Nov but I didn't know Pasadena had a reptile show til it was too late