politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

5 Year Member
question:if someone is misrepresenting themselves on the forum and is exposed on a thread should that thread be locked out?don't we all have a right too know the truth?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I don't think this is political it is more honor related IMHO but their threads should probably either be modified or deleted, but I have one question how would you go about proving one misrepresented oneself?

John

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
I don't think this is political it is more honor related IMHO but their threads should probably either be modified or deleted, but I have one question how would you go about proving one misrepresented oneself?

thats whats so cool about pm's you can save them and post them as evidence if need be

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
So THIS is your final final thoughts? You should have stopped with your last post "final thoughts", this post makes you look little and vindinctive, and I'm sure you are neither considering some of the great nature postings you have made in the past. Squamata, PLEASE look into getting this post deleted by the Mods, it doesn't suit you.

John

5 Year Member
exoticsdr said:
So THIS is your final final thoughts? You should have stopped with your last post "final thoughts", this post makes you look little and vindinctive, and I'm sure you are neither considering some of the great nature postings you have made in the past. Squamata, PLEASE look into getting this post deleted by the Mods, it doesn't suit you.

i guess it all depends on which side of the fence your on doc,a good friend put it out there because he felt it needed too be done.all info should be available not just the info that suits some.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Gosh, I had just typed a long post for that last thread and when I went to send it, CLOSED!

John

5 Year Member
exoticsdr said:
Then, do as you will.

well apparently the thread has been pulled too protect the guilty,which i new would happen hence the title here. so mods do your duty and pull mine too

ya know doc this reminds me of a guy awhile back,he was the bartender at a veterans of foriegn wars post i belong too everyone loved him called him gunny,gave him stuff took care of him,but some of the things he said started too not make sense too my grand father so he ran a check and low and behold the guy not only was never in the corps he was never in any branch of service and had a criminal record.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I hate to beat a dead horse, really I do. But closing a thread is not the same thing as pulling a thread, a closed thread can still be read by people, and you can always start a new one, a pulled thread can't be read by anyone except for maybe the mods.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
As was said PMs are private unless somebody is breaking a forum rule. This is the internet, never forget rule number one about the internet, never believe everything you read or anything anybody says about themselves. People lie, exaggerate, or simply misrepresent themselves for any number of reasons.

The posts in question is currently in a safe place until all the Mods and Josh can formally decide what to do with it. I personally am betting it will stay gone for many reasons more then just the attacks on another forum member and then the follow up attacks in response.

People, I know we all are very emotional about our tortoises, but please please stop and think before you post things you may latter regret. Today several good, if perhaps very emotional members got themselves in a bit of hot water, does not matter who or even why, what matters is it hurts them, it hurts you, it hurts the forum, and worse perhaps is it may hurt tortoises because it turns folks off of this site.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dmmj said:
As I see it, most of the post are formulated by opinions and personal interpretation, therefor hard to prove. Sometimes the suttle things say alot.

dmmj said:
I hate to beat a dead horse, really I do. But closing a thread is not the same thing as pulling a thread, a closed thread can still be read by people, and you can always start a new one, a pulled thread can't be read by anyone except for maybe the mods.
Why not remove the post that a mod does not like rather than closing an entire thread. Sometimes things can continue resulting with a good outcome if allowed to go forward.

How many warnings were given, I will guess "two".

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
squamata said:
well apparently the thread has been pulled too protect the guilty,which i new would happen hence the title here. so mods do your duty and pull mine too

No, mostly it was pulled for us to talk about how we should handle it. It is not always a simple black and white world. Enough folks got to see it before it was pulled and now with you doing this thread, others too will read and wonder. Then they will be PMing you for information on what they missed. Whether or not the party is guilty of any of the things claimed, will become a bit of a moot point. In the end, the damage is already done just by the simple accusations that were made.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Jacqui said:
This is the internet, never forget rule number one about the internet, never believe everything you read or anything anybody says about themselves. People lie, exaggerate, or simply misrepresent themselves for any number of reasons.
People lie on the net? So you mean there are not local beautiful women waiting to meet me? also I did not win the canadian/spanish/newzeland lottery? now I am bummed.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jacqui said:
squamata said:

No, mostly it was pulled for us to talk about how we should handle it. It is not always a simple black and white world. Enough folks got to see it before it was pulled and now with you doing this thread, others too will read and wonder. Then they will be PMing you for information on what they missed. Whether or not the party is guilty of any of the things claimed, will become a bit of a moot point. In the end, the damage is already done just by the simple accusations that were made.

Good point, Makes me wonder!

John

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
squamata said:

why not leave the thread and let the man answer the accusations?the forum has the right to know the truth one way or the other

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ALDABRAMAN said:
Why not remove the post that a mod does not like rather than closing an entire thread. Sometimes things can continue resulting with a good outcome if allowed to go forward.

That is why the thread is not deleted at this point. It is sitting in a safe place til cool heads can look at the thread closely and decide what to do with it. I do agree that usually you can just "clean" a post or two and continue the thread, but in this case I, myself, need to really look at the reason the thread was even started and if it has any real benefit to the forum as it is.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
squamata said:
why not leave the thread and let the man answer the accusations?the forum has the right to know the truth one way or the other

I don't think the "truth" would ever be totally clear, but I do think it will just become a fight without end, with the forum losing more then anything else. Believe it or not, we do try to keep wars from starting here, from accusations being tossed around, reputations being hurt unfairly. As I stated before however, it is not entirely up to me, it will go before the entire Mod group and Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.